Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Cure my SE trend hangover event 2/21-2/22

Baum

58 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

What's the depth over in Au Train?

Actually not as much as I thought. I ventured into areas in the cabins backyard and took tons of measurements and it was 23-26" before the last 5" of snow fell. Also took measurements in munising by the Falls yesterday around 4pm and it was 24-27". And I may have went into the ground because I had mud on the bottom 1.5 of my snow stick lol. I have to accuse the munising observer of slant sticking :lol:. There's no way the DEPTH of undisturbed snow was 3 feet before this storm, definitely closer to 2 feet. However if the guy lives in a residential neighborhood can't say he has a choice because literally all the snow is layer upon layer upon layer of plowed shoveled and blown snow. With this fresh snow blanketing everything the beauty is indescribable. Will post pics later. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, weatherbo said:
0100 PM     SNOW             4 NE NEGAUNEE           46.53N 87.55W
02/23/2022  M2.0 INCH        MARQUETTE          MI   OFFICIAL NWS OBS

SINCE 7 AM. BRINGS STORM TOTAL TO 37.1
            INCHES.

Munising official snowfall Monday afternoon thru this morning was 9.3", which is dead on what I was figuring. Total depth is what seems high. They have 38 depth. I didn't measure in the backyard post storm but in estimating 28-30.

27 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Munising official snowfall Monday afternoon thru this morning was 9.3", which is dead on what I was figuring. Total depth is what seems high. They have 38 depth. I didn't measure in the backyard post storm but in estimating 28-30.

Read my PM.

Edit:

Here's my PM maybe you didnt get it.

Hey if I remember correctly the Munising Observer is actually quite a few miles west of town.  Munising I guess is just a close by reference point.  Like the Grand Marais observer is 10 miles south of GM.

I think that explains your depth irregularity.  

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

I'm suddenly enjoying it a whole lot more.  The contractor that's working on the inside of my new poll barn chuckled when he saw me up on the roof and said I was wasting my time and not to worry about clearing the snow. Houses here can take the weight he said.  I've cleared around the chimney stack and when the snow melts this Spring, he's gonna add a 4' piece of stove pipe to extend it past the roof peak so I don't have to dick with this every year.  Made my day. woo hoo!

Sometimes I find myself doing those things cause I just love playing in snow and digging out.  :D

39 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Well, we could certainly use another poster up this way.  :D

Nearby neighbor.

IMG_4091.thumb.jpg.79095dbe8c1494edca72073758b65ede.jpg

Looks like we planned our Big Bay trip pretty close to peak depths, we’ll be up there a week from tonight. Heading to Deer Park in the morning, depths there won’t be close to what Bo’s area has but should still be 36” plus. As of now planning on spending the the couple weekends after Big Bay trip in Paradise if the snow holds out. I’m not a fan of chasing snow all season especially with diesel pushing $4.00 a gallon but it is what it is. When Mother Nature gives our area of northern lower MI lemons we just have to go north of the bridge to make it lemonade I guess.

• Like 2