Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Seeing as we get more snow in March than Dec and with models showing cold shots and deep cold in Canada I would be shocked.

Agree.  

Kev knows the deal, it’s just the reverse defense mechanism, and also the prog to get folks and METS to talk about what might happen going forward.

I don’t think we’re done yet…she wants to torture us some more as I said yesterday. And very very rarely is the winter weather ever done on/by 2/13.    That’d be the equivalent of saying it won’t be hot/summer like anymore on August 13th. 

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

I should book a trip to Florida in March, three times I was down there in March and we got a big storm up here, I'll take one for the team.

Lol…nope you and I need to experience a good storm before we close the book on winter this year.  You can go down there in April when it really sucks here.  

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not worried about snow. It’s coming for all of SNE. A couple inches .Nothing worse than wet roads with snow everywhere else. Hate it . Just my OCD

Hmmm. It isnt that bad. In fact it can allow folks to embrace snow with relatively less impacts, as long as roads are still treated a bit. 

In fact, at the microclimate I lived in the 90s and early 2000s, the climate was such that we often experienced accumulating snow when the temperature was 33 or 34 degrees for the duration of the event!!!!!!!! And, that meant the roads might stay clear while 6 inches is on the grass. In a California/Nevada climate, the dew points if I am not mistaken are what allowed for this. A frequent scenario was that the high might reach 40 or 50 degrees, but any precip would still fall as snow because the band moves in, and snow immediately drags the temperature down to the low 30s. In that kind of climate, a lot of weird temperature effects take place particularly in late winter and early spring when you have weak low pressure systems hanging around, and lots of uneven shallow heating from the sun. Elevation does that too. Big-dog storms would make things less erratic but even with those you might see accumulating snow at 33 degrees. And as you might imagine, Ice and sleet are extremely rare there. 

I have seen snow accumulate without sticking to the roads here as well but it isnt as common... because if it is snowing, it means it is below freezing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s awesome outside. Out in shorts walking on ice and snow picking up limbs, sticks and other debris that has blown down 

I strolled into the gym this morning in my shorts instead of the usual sub-zero mad dash, trying to avoid stinging skin. It felt odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1