• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal cyclogenesis and minor to moderate impact Feb 8/ 8.5, primarily SE areas ...for now.

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Boys,  this one may sneak up on a lot of people, bit more qpf to come hour 84

12Z NAM  10:1

12.jpg

Sneak ?!

....this is starting to piss me off man

lol, not you - hahaha...  just in general.  damn it -

I mean, this may not happen...   but people can't seem to read this without interpreting through an asshole filter.  

Everything I've said about this 'event' is f'ing clad true so for. I am not making this shit up. I do not have ambition - I am merely a fascinating miss-placed middle aged Met with no other outlet to vent my aspirations in this field, and you know what... ?  People can bite me.

And by the way... I AM WRONG ALL THE TIME.  

Rant over -   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sneak ?!

I mean, this may not happen...   but people can't seem to read this without interpreting through an asshole filter.  

Everything I've said about this 'event' is f'ing clad true so for. I am not making this shit up. I do not have ambition - I am fascinating miss-placed middle aged Meteorologist with no other outlet to vent my aspirations in this field, and you know what... ?  People can bite me.

If you somehow turn this into a nice snowstorm it'll be your biggest coup yet.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sneak ?!

Everything I've said about this 'event' is f'ing clad true so for. I am not making this shit up. I do not have ambition - I am merely a fascinating miss-placed middle aged Met with no other outlet to vent my aspirations in this field, and you know what... ?  People can bite me.

Edibles are legal in Mass. Maybe wake and bake is a good idea for you. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

If you somehow turn this into a nice snowstorm it'll be your biggest coup yet.

Honestly ...I don't expect that to happen.   Ha!

If it turns into a "nice snowstorm," that would be a bit like accidentally inventing nitroglycerine.  

I mean there may be some subjectivity ... duh, in how we define adjectives like "nice," when using them to describe snow. And then stapling other adjectives like "storm" on the end of it...  I really meant 'minor' and/or 'middling'   - can someone PLEASE demonstrate this is getting across ? Anyway, I'm not sure these reconcile the former?

I have to be fair, if ORH - CON-BGR axis pasted for > 6"  ... that's not what I had in mind.  I thought that might be more the ceiling for Taunton to Logan with metro west skimmed, up through PSM-PWM ... 

But, if it wants to evolve to more... I would say people should also pay attention to details when < 108 hours out, and the 00z EPS' 24 -hour d(hgts) through 90W digs some 6 dm straight up and down the trough.  That's amount of amplitude increase is not as paramount as the move its self - maybe..

toggle between these if on a PC/Mac...not sure what you can do on your phones:

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2022020400&fh=96&dpdt=&mc=&r=nh&p=500h_anom&m=eps

vs

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2022020400&fh=96&dpdt=&mc=&r=nh&p=500h_anom&m=eps

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sneak ?!

What a melt.....someone Finish Tip.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Edibles are legal in Mass. Maybe wake and bake is a good idea for you. 

Heh... I think all private rec forms are legal use now?   In Mass anywho.

I was told by an off-duty officer that the same rules apply to DUI law, however... Maybe that will get finer tuned/codified, but it "seems" when the vote flipped the script, the systemic couching in was a first sorta 'guess' management tool.  Anyway, I guess that makes sense? 

I don't know - I can't use Marry Jane. I tried it in my youth... Let's just leave it at some unsettling reaction. I'm not thrilled to use it because of that trauma.   I am, however, thrilled that it is legal now - how many countless lives were ruined by what amounts (in my mind) to be puritanical heritage - Americana does have perhaps too many roots in early colonialism.  Obviously, there's a whole sociological babble that is not appropriate to this thread ( hahaha), but that just being illegal was always suspect to me.  I can't use it, personally. But I've never been around a marijuana fueled rage, or addict... and it has far to many benefits if used in moderation like anything else.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't remember that one ?   ...I guess I can NCEP library that - is it an analog ?

I don’t think it’s a direct CIPS analog but MLK 2010 was a really marginal airmass that hit the pike/495 belt pretty good with 5-10” of paste with mostly rain elsewhere south and east. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Toss 

Why? The distribution could be similar. 900-950mb is going to be an issue down south. You might be far enough north but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s mostly N of pike too. But we’ll see. It’s trended a little bit cooler so far at 12z. 

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Why? The distribution could be similar. 900-950mb is going to be an issue down south. You might be far enough north but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s mostly N of pike too. But we’ll see. It’s trended a little bit cooler so far at 12z. 

Because that storm was the biggest melt I’ve ever had. I’ll never forget it