Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 3

Chicago Storm

28 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Asking about the change over here in NW Ohio.  Would it be better to follow the HRRR or the Nam for timing??

You’re better off going to the Ohio thread for that.  This thread is focused solely on Chicago the center of the universe right now.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

850 freezing line is outrunning the surface freezing level fairly quickly, been posted and some AFD's commenting on that. Surface VTM for what its worth is setting up pretty much where most models have been forecasting highest totals for the last 36 hours.  Think part 1 could overperform if it can hold on to the 700mb moisture for any length of time.  Part 2 is beginning to somewhat amp up with >1 PWATS finally moving N of TN valley.

Just my armchair take.  I used to get chastised for posting HRRR and RAP snow maps but they seem to be all the rage now lol.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NTXYankee said:

At the rate Columbus is growing, we’ll surpass Chicago soon enough.  Also this is an Ohio Valley section not Chicago and vicinity.

Having moved to Chicagoland from the south all I have seen is a mass southern migration. Columbus can’t be excluded from this trend.  

3 minutes ago, iBrian said:

Having moved to Chicagoland from the south all I have seen is a mass southern migration. Columbus can’t be excluded from this trend.  

To be fair, Columbus is bucking the trend of most Midwest metros (not named Indianapolis or Minneapolis) and is growing at a modest clip.

But at the end of the day, it's still just a glorified college town that happens to also be a state capital and the home of Wendy's.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iBrian said:

Columbus is the only Midwest city to gain a large number of new residents.  You don’t become number 14 for losing.