joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Lol he’s funny literally everything went much milder, gfs on an island like the old days with the cold rushing in.  We wash away the snow, fine with me clean things up a bit.  I’d melt if we lose all pack then get a devastating ice storm after lol 

How are you washing away 12-15” of snow with temps near 40 for a few hours? You’re better than this 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

People are delusional lol

In lower levels, models are starting to converge as NAM/ECMWF have
trended colder, albeit not quite as cold as GFS

Finally, the deterministic models
generally came in colder with the 00Z runs. If this colder solution
continues, more in the way of ice is possible,

Congrats on the sleet?

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That wasn't my question as I know how to figure it out but thanks for the clown emoji. After this mess what was active suddenly turned into a snooze fest. Sucks 

I wasn’t calling you a clown. It’s a clown map that’s going to do clown things. I don’t really use those maps, so I’m not a good source to explain. Maybe the site owner would know. 

Next week we snooze, but looks pretty active after.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wasn’t calling you a clown. It’s a clown map that’s going to do clown things. I don’t really use those maps, so I’m not a good source to explain. Maybe the site owner would know. 

Was joking. Active after sounds good. What's your thoughts on flash freeze?

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Was joking. Active after sounds good. What's your thoughts on flash freeze?

Euro would sort of argue against it, while the other models show it. It’s rather bizarre to be honest. I haven’t look hard. I did note the trend aloft is warmer. Hopefully we can get some presses today. 
This low is weak AF, so one would think we should see a good push south? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are your thoughts? You siding with the chewer and warm rainer or are you thinking zr to sleet to snow?

Rain to a short period of zr to sleet to maybe a short burst of snow at the end if we're lucky.

Real zr seems confined out to west. Sorry bud, is what it is...e ct is not zr climate.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

WPC says the epac ridge moves onshore and I imagine that is good for us by next weekend

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What Warmer trends ? It’s funny you say you lost all faith in Euro yet now you are using it while everything else rushes the cold in . When is the Nam ever wrong with cold press and CAD?The funniest part is SW CT is under the biggest threat for big ice damage and you’ve a poster down there calling for inches of rain and 50’s. I mean wtf?

I’m calling for Over 1” Of rain with mostly sleet and a little parting snow in the end. Congrats on tree takedowns and power outages with that.

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thread dominated by western CT posters still bitter, angry and downtrodden over missing the blizzard of a lifetime. Posts just bleeding envy. Sad to see

I was happy Eastern New England finally got one after last year (proud of them). Win some lose some.

• Weenie 1