• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Going to be a slow drop now through the afternoon. Most areas won’t touch 32 until this evening. Might not be much precipitation left by then 

Half the forum is already below freezing and has been. The freezing line is pushing South into NE NJ now.

fztp.gif?1643990124213

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

The freezing line reached the bronx/westchester border area around 8:30 am and has been sitting there since. Not that suprirising but honestly even sitting at 32 there is no icing here except for a little crunch around old snow piles. Probably places 30 or lower are getting actual icing.  

At 30 here. The tree in my front yard has branches starting to sag. Breeze has picked up too.

The trees in montvale began to get a slight glaze by the time I left about a half hour ago but really was expecting a little more up that way. Won't call it a non-event because I'm sure place is in Passaic and Sussex will have more but this is not the end of the world nothing to really get excited over for the majority of people

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

QPF of ice and ice accretion are different things though. I've been getting "ZR" since 8:30 am and have no icing anywhere.    

You're right it's no the same thing. Point is the HRRR still has about 0.3" of QPF coming. Expect precip to linger for the next several hours while temps continue to fall up here.