• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

This is the CMC snow equiv map. The problem is it runs through Feb 3 but I believe most if not all of this is snow for Friday through Sunday. If I could I would freeze that right where it is. Most likely this will waver a lot between now and Friday but I'm okay if it doesn't I love when SE New England gets rain, especially living in the HV.

CMC thru Feb 3.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

This is the CMC snow equiv map. The problem is it runs through Feb 3 but I believe most if not all of this is snow for Friday through Sunday. If I could I would freeze that right where it is. Most likely this will waver a lot between now and Friday but I'm okay if it doesn't I love when SE New England gets rain, especially living in the HV.

CMC thru Feb 3.gif

lol 2 ft for the NYC metro area and north - a boy can dream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

Meh. Not impressive for the city compared to GFS and CMC. Beautiful setup but the surface low is still too far east.

That being said, it was a big improvement from 0z and we're just a tick away from an amazing outcome.

still 5 days to go - thats a long long time in the modeling world....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

Meh. Not impressive for the city compared to GFS and CMC. Beautiful setup but the surface low is still too far east.

That being said, it was a big improvement from 0z and we're just a tick away from an amazing outcome.

I wouldn't worry about verbatim at this point. We have 3 major models now showing a strong low offshore throwing back at least 6 inches of snow to the metro area. Can't ask for a better 12z suite at this point.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NEG NAO said:

still 5 days to go - thats a long long time in the modeling world....

The key is we are moving towards an "amazing outcome". The trend is your friend here. You would not want the European to jump too far west here as we already have a result of that with the CMC. I think the Euro places this track in an ideal spot for this time-frame. An historic storm certainly possible at this point. Just need a hair further west track, and not too much further west.

WX/PT

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Remember it’s only Monday.  A lot can change, thou I do think it will be stormy with snow or a changeover at the coast.  Don’t forget the March storm a few years back where it had it east, then a blizzard then mainly rain and Albany get the blizzard.

Exactly. And there is little if any blocking here so beware. That's one of my concerns. When models start to tick left with the track we do not want to see them tick further left than what the Euro is doing (last 3 runs). 

WX/PT

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

Exactly. And there is little if any blocking here so beware. That's one of my concerns. When models start to tick left with the track we do not want to see them tick further left than what the Euro is doing (last 3 runs). 

WX/PT

Agree, the Euro is probably exactly where you want it 5 days out which is the best snows a little east of NYC knowing storms are more likely to trend west than east.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Tough forecast for Boston right now, Euro/Ukie camp they get clobbered, CMC/GFS camp they get change to rain. 

For Boston or anywhere I’d just say “chance at a significant coastal storm for Saturday” and not mention precip types. Still a few days before worrying about rain or snow. Euro is a very nice solution but gets going a hair too late for the huge totals in our area. It might be holding back a little too much energy in the SW which might mean it gets going faster. 

• Like 2

Just now, jm1220 said:

For Boston or anywhere I’d just say “chance at a significant coastal storm for Saturday” and not mention precip types. Still a few days before worrying about rain or snow. Euro is a very nice solution but gets going a hair too late for the huge totals in our area. It might be holding back a little too much energy in the SW which might mean it gets going faster. 

It's more about it's track then it getting going too late, but as others have said, it's in a good spot, especially since the Euro tends to trend west late in the game. 

• Like 1