Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, Greg g said:

Anybody paying attention to what’s going on out west?? It seems like heights are coming in higher than forecast across the west including in the base of the shortwave nearing Salt lake this morning.

Must get that Southern stream vort to eject out ahead of the digging trough. Only two ways to make it happen. Slow down the Northern stream or speed up the Southern stream. 

• Like 1

Working 7am to 6pm Saturday. But if it's cancelled for snow I get paid anyhow. Praying to the weenie gods here in central Suffolk. My luck, we do get the storm but they don't cancel and I'm snowed in an empty school in Port Jeff for the weekend.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

It actually looks like we're moving towards a consensus. Heaviest snow Eastern LI up into SE New England. Everyone else glancing blow. Don't think 6-10" is out of the question yet for NYC, especially given high ratios.

Seems like the timing and rate of intensification of the low will significantly determine snowfall. This is one of more difficult things to predict. I think we need more time to figure this out. 

5 minutes ago, Metasequoia said:

Seems like the timing and rate of intensification of the low will significantly determine snowfall. This is one of more difficult things to predict. I think we need more time to figure this out. 

The wildcard is if the models are closing off the ULL too late. Even the 12z GFS closes it off which was an improvement, but not until SE of Cape Cod.

1 minute ago, MANDA said:

Expecting no big changes from Euro.  Perhaps a nudge east.  We'll see shortly.

Very rare to see the Euro make big jumps inside of 96hrs. It's usually painfully consistent and slowly moves towards the correct solution over many runs. 

It did horribly with January 2015 and many people incorrectly sided with it over the GFS. 

If the NAM agrees with the GFS, it's usually game over. That hasn't happened yet.