Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

You seem more excited for this one than the shitshow at this time last week. 

Im all in. 

Honestly, this is what I've personally been waiting for. Not volatile fast movers with vertical approach vectors. Narrow stripes annoy the F out of me. From an odds and activity standpoint, I absolutely love where models are taking us after the brief warm break. Lot of time to kill tho....

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Honestly, this is what I've personally been waiting for. Not volatile fast movers with vertical approach vectors. Narrow stripes annoy the F out of me. From an odds and activity standpoint, I absolutely love where models are taking us after the brief warm break. Lot of time to kill tho....

Yeah, I've been getting a little more than half-heartedly interested in a potential overrunning event with sold cold air in place.  It's shown up on deterministic runs of the GFS in one way or another around the first weekend of Feb for a little while now.  Could be quite interesting if that is where we are headed!

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Oh we do that so well.  a 120 page thread for a storm that looks like the people in Walmart at 2am tells you we know how to kill time.  And we know how to kill our mushy think think noodle tangle in our bone spheres.

• Haha 1

Just now, yoda said:

And it's cold cold... like 20 degrees in DC lol

Those are the best kind.  Get some good cold in here that won't move out, and throw a bunch of moisture over-top!  I'm not comparing this here or saying it's headed in this direction, but that's really all that PD-II was in 2003.  Not a huge, bombed-out storm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Those are the best kind.  Get some good cold in here that won't move out, and throw a bunch of moisture over-top!  I'm not comparing this here or saying it's headed in this direction, but that's really all that PD-II was in 2003.  Not a huge, bombed-out storm.

Oh wow seriously? All 2'+ of that wasn't a bomb but a boatload of moisture like that? Amazing!

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Looks like 9 to 12 across the forum?  I'm sold as a mf.  I'd get back into the pbp seat for that.   Just 36 more runs! 

<Ji>Meh.  I'm not spending the next week following a mediocre 9-12" snow, when the 2 feet the GFS gave us last week for tomorrow's event turned into a disaster!</Ji> :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic