Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

45 minutes ago, Ji said:
48 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
I cannot overstate how ugly and vastly different it is.   Gonna bail after 240.  So far, nothing interesting.

Dont do pbp until 132 hours out but crazy how the least snowiest model always takes the lead

I'll note your concern and give it the consideration it deserves.

That being said, it's 240 hours out dude.  How did you not think it was going to change.  And it will again and again.

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Don’t think I’d put much stock in anything other than the seeming fact that the “thaw” ain’t gonna last long. They’ll never get the precip right, yet. 

Personally I hope it looks awful until 48 hours out and then a 6” snow shows up.

Mostly agree.  I'd say 90 hours out

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

0 for 3? Hardly

Well since the first week of January...yes. But counting that, 1 for 5 for my yard (I think the 6th/7th was my heaviest at 4.5 inches--and that was a lot of fun!). You could argue 2 for 5 by Jan 2/3rd kinda fringed me with 2" but still looked nice. But the last three storms: 1 got yanked inland (but got about 2") last weekend couldn't phase at all, and then ya got this weekend's mess. 

But I think what's worn on me is not having a deep, 6"+ snow for six years. Actually, the night Jan 6/7th was the heaviest snow I'd seen in a long time. I'm just wanting to get our big hit...getting one after 6 years doesn't seem like an unreasonable desire.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic