Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

CMC looks pretty good so far

Certainly a lot better than 0z, just need the trough to take on more neutral/neg tilt easier. Energy is all phasing together pretty well in that evolution. Some stuff coming in on the backside to help tilt this. Assume a close miss, but a much cleaner evolution as well. 

7 minutes ago, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, jayyy said:
We were never out of it. As [mention=9895]MillvilleWx[/mention] explained so well, most snowstorms in our area don’t get sniffed out outside 4 days. We are never out of the game until the fat lady sings. 6 days out isn’t that time. 

Stop saying its 6 days out. The storm is fully mature at 6 days. Look at 3 days out

What are you talking about? The storm is 6 days out. 29th. There is a ton of evolution that takes place between the 26th and 29th. Stop talking nonsense.  

7 minutes ago, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, jayyy said:
Didnt you say it was over last night? emoji38.png

No i said see you at 6z and we are quickly running out of time

No, we aren’t. Models didn’t pick up January 3rd until New Year’s Eve. Stop man.    

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Much better look, but storm looks like a close miss.  Gets some snow into the area.  Gotta count this as a win

I agree, I'm def counting that as a win - much better CMC run than I was initially anticipating. CMC does do well on occasion, but I'm not sure of its track record with these types of events.

3 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

I agree, I'm def counting that as a win - much better CMC run than I was initially anticipating. CMC does do well on occasion, but I'm not sure of its track record with these types of events.

It's kind of a crap model..like above JV, but not Varsity.  It can score some coups sometime

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic