• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NW Trend For the Win! (1/21-1/22 2022 storm) Obs Thread

53 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I was watching the live web cam at the NC State Belltower, and I saw something interesting. A man, alone, slowly walked up the steps to the belltower, turned around to face outward, then standing there he lifted both arms up and tilted his head up to gaze into the snowy sky. He stood like that for about a minute, not moving. Then he slowly lowered his arms, walked down the steps, and disappeared into that snowy scene.

I believe he experienced pure joy at that moment, watching the snow fall. I too know this feeling. I have fond memories of big snowfalls when I was a studnet at NC State long ago, when good snows were more common there. Im glad I was able to re-experience that joy again with him.... good times....

• Like 13
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CoolBreeze said:

I was watching the live web cam at the NC State Belltower, and I saw something interesting. A man, alone, slowly walked up the steps to the belltower, turned around to face outward, then standing there he lifted both arms up and tilted his head up to gaze into the snowy sky. He stood like that for about a minute, not moving. Then he slowly lowered his arms, walked down the steps, and disappeared into that snowy scene.

I believe he experienced pure joy at that moment, watching the snow fall. I too know this feeling. I have fond memories of big snowfalls when I was a studnet at NC State long ago, when good snows were more common there. Im glad I was able to re-experience that joy again with him.... good times....

That’s awesome (I lied about last post). I did a similar thing out on my back porch about 30 min ago. Some people think my love of snow is weird or nerdy (don’t care), while other friends and family have adopted it themselves. Snow will never not be magical to me, especially in the south. Hell in even Utah, where I go frequently for work and to ski, it’s still awesome. And I likely won’t see this much snow all next week out there. Will never take it for granted. 

• Like 3

Woke up to a beautiful winter scene outside. Measured 3.2” average though there was more variability than normal, I’m guessing due to powder and winds. Probably lost a few tenths to compaction overnight but we hit warning criteria and I can tell you every bit of it is on the roads too. Deep winter! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Woke up to a beautiful winter scene outside. Measured 3.2” average though there was more variability than normal, I’m guessing due to powder and winds. Probably lost a few tenths to compaction overnight but we hit warning criteria and I can tell you every bit of it is on the roads too. Deep winter! 

That is about what we had also

• Like 1