Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 20-22 “bring the mojo” winter storm threat

lilj4425

Just now, CaryWx said:

I would be careful here.  Don't think we're going back o 3-6 in the Triangle...but we might

Oh I’m in no way saying that. Yesterday there was the question of whether we’d get ANYTHING other than the fropa. Now it’s looking more likely to have a decent snow. I’ll be so happy with 2 inches of snow falling into 25 degrees I can’t even tell y’all 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Oh I’m in no way saying that. Yesterday there was the question of whether we’d get ANYTHING other than the fropa. Now it’s looking more likely to have a decent snow. I’ll be so happy with 2 inches of snow falling into 25 degrees I can’t even tell y’all 

As soon as I spoke the RGEM brings glory back to the Triangle.  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

1642906800-HXRKzCWzGco.png

• Like 2

One other note before I have to go back to work- these “clown maps” will likely verify with this storm being the high ratios we should have with pure arctic air. Usually you shave a good % off those maps due to warm ground/borderline temps/mixed precip, but in the all-snow areas we actually don’t have anything I see to negate accumulation. By the time this starts it will have been in the 20’s for hours and will be falling into temps in the lower-mid 20’s. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some people shocked with how well this piles up under those conditions compared to a “normal” event here

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

One other note before I have to go back to work- these “clown maps” will likely verify with this storm being the high ratios we should have with pure arctic air. Usually you shave a good % off those maps due to warm ground/borderline temps/mixed precip, but in the all-snow areas we actually don’t have anything I see to negate accumulation. By the time this starts it will have been in the 20’s for hours and will be falling into temps in the lower-mid 20’s. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some people shocked with how well this piles up under those conditions compared to a “normal” event here

Agreed. This is one of the rare times when Kuchera numbers are higher than the 10:1 numbers.

SREF plumes for Raleigh are also higher than this point yesterday.  
I'm glad to be south of Raleigh this time.

• Like 3