Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

God damnit LOL, you’re right. It was also 58 here yesterday.

Also LOL at bolded. Yinz know how to trigger me.

Ha.  It's not exactly nirvana here neither  as to those maps.  Regardless of snow maps, as I think you mentioned, at least we have a work weeks of sustained cold from the 3rd to the 8th.  Something to work with.

22 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

God damnit LOL, you’re right. It was also 58 here yesterday.

Also LOL at bolded. Yinz know how to trigger me.

I lived in DuBois for several years back in the 2000s...some of wife's family and our friends still live there. We went back a couple weeks ago to have a long lunch with her dad at Hoss's (I LOVE their salad bar). Anyways...first thing the waitress said, "What can I get yinz to drink?" On the outside I smiled...on the inside I cringed. :lol: I knew I was in Western PA again...

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I lived in DuBois for several years back in the 2000s...some of wife's family and our friends still live there. We went back a couple weeks ago to have a long lunch with her dad at Hoss's (I LOVE their salad bar). Anyways...first thing the waitress said, "What can I get yinz to drink?" On the outside I smiled...on the inside I cringed. :lol: I knew I was in Western PA again...

The proper answer is a pop.  Ha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The proper answer is a pop.  Ha.

The ultimate Western PA runon sentence: "Before I seen you, I went to the #$@#@$ store in Picksburgh with my Stillers pajamas on and filled up the #@$#@@ buggie with Jimmies, pop, Yuengling, and mountain pie @#$#@ to eat around the #@@$#@#@ fire tonight with you #@#@@!."

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks! The way this winter has been, a 2.5 inch snowfall will even seem like a large snow for me! :P Hopefully it comes and I can enjoy a nice snowy walk with my dad.

We’re you in town in that awful hail storm down there few years back? Lol my windshield was cracked I worked at school in town!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

We’re you in town in that awful hail storm down there few years back? Lol my windshield was cracked I worked at school in town!

I was not in town, but I came down shortly after to visit and was shocked at how destructive it was. Pretty much every house in my parents' neighborhood had to get new siding/roofing/windows/landscaping... I couldn't believe all the holes and cracks in all the buildings! I'll have to find some of the pictures my parents took and share a few of them on here. It was definitely a season of Insurance companies and construction crews...job security!

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I was not in town, but I came down shortly after to visit and was shocked at how destructive it was. Pretty much every house in my parents' neighborhood had to get new siding/roofing/windows/landscaping... I couldn't believe all the holes and cracks in all the buildings! I'll have to find some of the pictures my parents took and share a few of them on here. It was definitely a season of Insurance companies and construction crews...job security!

Absolutely man!! It was legit scary for a time lol, at geisinger several cars needed towed due to completely shattered windshields! I never remember anything quite like it. Awesome they were able to grab some pics!

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Absolutely man!! It was legit scary for a time lol, at geisinger several cars needed towed due to completely shattered windshields! I never remember anything quite like it. Awesome they were able to grab some pics!

I'll never forget seeing all the houses with tarps covering the roofs and boards on windows....everywhere you turned your head! Thankfully both of them had their cars in the garage.

Here is CTP’s discussion for today’s event.

Moderate precipitation rates advertised from latest HRRR/HREF
runs with prob 1"/hr rates ticking up for an hour or two near
UNV. Mix with sleet should occur fairly quickly so not overly
concerned with snow totals and have stayed close to previous.
Overall, we expect 1-2 inches of snow/sleet in the Alleghenies
and Blair/Hunt counties...and less than an inch elsewhere. Snow
breaks out between 12z and 15z, so deteriorating conds possible
during morning rush across central and western sections.

Most areas will see 2-4 hours of mixed light to moderate
precipitation, with a changeover to patchy freezing drizzle and
then plain r-- or drizzle later this afternoon or even lasting
into this evening far northeast.

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ha.  It's not exactly nirvana here neither  as to those maps.  Regardless of snow maps, as I think you mentioned, at least we have a work weeks of sustained cold from the 3rd to the 8th.  Something to work with.

I haven’t looked at the overnight model runs yet, but I did look at the weather app on my phone and I’m worried about the bolded.

Edit: 6z GFS looks great for you guys and acceptable for me.

Edit 2: ah, it’s the EC where temperatures pop right back up into the 40s by next Wednesday or even Tuesday for some. 

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

I haven’t looked at the overnight model runs yet, but I did look at the weather app on my phone and I’m worried about the bolded.

Edit: 6z GFS looks great for you guys and acceptable for me.

Edit 2: ah, it’s the EC where temperatures pop right back up into the 40s by next Wednesday or even Tuesday for some. 

I have not looked at the models this AM (off this week) but its getting harder and harder to have a decent period of cold.  We get some but its a struggle. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have not looked at the models this AM (off this week) but its getting harder and harder to have a decent period of cold.  We get some but its a struggle. 

I still think they look better than December and we should get our chances in January, but our window in the next two weeks looks much narrower than it did just 12-24 hours ago. Brief shot of cold early next week before we get some degree of ridging. Even on the ensembles, once the 500 height anomalies go back to positive mid-next week they stay either positive or neutral for much of the period.