Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott (MU) has been dead on almost all winter with his less than enthused snow forecasts. He's gung ho for tonight and tomorrow:

We never get bullseye'd here in Tamaqua,  but we sure do fringe jobs right. A coating to an inch? I'd rather get nothing than get another salt truck mess maker...

5 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Where is this? I was just in Clearfield on Thursday and it looked wide open there. The bogs in Philipsburg never fully froze this winter and I drove down to Huntingdon county all winter and the Frankstown Branch Juniata nor the Juniata from Huntingdon to Mount Union were frozen, which to me was incredibly odd.

Williamsport.... Actually the picture Linden, Pa. Just up river from Williamsport.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

Any snow left out your way? (other than piles) 

Nah not really, the warm day yesterday relegated it to being pretty patchy. The only area nearby that likely has any solid pack left is the higher elevations in the Laurels. 

Despite holding on to a half decent pack for about a month or so, our snow averages back here aren’t much better than the LSV percentage wise. I consider a winter in the 45-55” range to be average in this specific location.. I’m just under 20” at the moment. In the Laurel’s, Blue Knob Ski Resort has noted a season to date total of about 44”, while Seven Springs has 54”. Laurel Summit’s (near the 7 Springs Resort) average is over 150” and Blue Knob is in the same ballpark with it’s seasonal average. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

3K is going to be plowable for parts of the LSV (plowable is over 4" in my book).   4-5" from SE Franklin, through western Adams into Southern Cumberland.  Some elevation there. 

The 3k NAM looks right for our region…

It shows the typical jackpot for Rouzerville & @Cashtown_Coop

Let’s do this!

5EE02AD3-4698-4884-BE74-9C739BBC089A.png

• Thanks 1

Still some pretty big differences with the 3k vs 12k NAM, given upstream radar trends at PIT,RLX (Charleston), and JKL (Jackson, KY) I’d say the more filled in presentation of the 3k is more on track. I wonder if the GFS is going to ever see this event before it starts in the LSV. 

38 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Still some pretty big differences with the 3k vs 12k NAM, given upstream radar trends at PIT,RLX (Charleston), and JKL (Jackson, KY) I’d say the more filled in presentation of the 3k is more on track. I wonder if the GFS is going to ever see this event before it starts in the LSV. 

Great point about the precip orientation so far this evening. 

The LSV is more than due for an over performing event!

Snow began here about 15 minutes ago.  Temp has responded by starting to drop from 36, now down to 34.5.  Not much more to go before accumulating begins on mulch/grass/snowboards (lol).  Dew point is 30 and wet bulb, which was 32.4 has risen to 32.9.  The snow intensity is going to have to bring the temp down an extra degree or two to make it to 31 or 30.  I'll be surprised if it ever drops below 30 before ending.  But, with darkness, we only need 32 to accumulate.

>>As I'm about to post this the temp is now down to 33.8...nice drop so far.  Intensity picking up a bit now as well.  I'll probably give another update before going to bed around 1:00.  >>now down to 33.6...nope, now 33.4.  It's going down faster than I was expecting but likely will slow down, hopefully not until it reaches 32.0.

Only 10 minutes since my last post but I'm down another whole degree to 32.4.  Wet bulb has dropped to 31.6, so further downside seems probable.  Snow coming down solidly.  I don't think it's moderate yet but getting close.  Mulch has caved.  Grass is caving.  Sidewalks just beginning to show signs of caving while driveway and street are just wet.  And to think, just a week ago we were convinced that there were no chances to see snow for the next 7-10 days.  Things can sure change in a hurry, like this event.  >>There, I knew if I typed long enough I'd get the temp to go down further...now 32.2, so virtually there now.