Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Brooklyn comes to town on March 10th - last night tickets could be had on Ticket Exchange starting at $22. About an hour ago the cheapest tickets are now $125. I sold my Warriors tickets for $90 a piece...this game is too juicy for me to sell, as tempting as it is. Simmons first game back in Philly?

I'm going to be there. 

Yeah no problem. 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm processing what just happened. 

We gave up a lot - I really liked Drummond. Active hands and ended most games with higher +/- rating than Embiid, believe it or not. We will miss him more than most think. Curry? Meh. Wouldn't mind of keeping him but I'm not sweating his departure. But then the 2 1st round picks. Don't like that either. 

Never been a Harden fan. Time will ultimately tell how good of a trade this is. First reaction? We gave up a lot for a guy Harden's age that is a little too one dimensional for my liking. 

But they didn't give up Maxey or Thye that was huge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

I don’t mind when snows melt quickly. I am about the chase and the event. After that, I don’t care if it stays or goes. I know a lot of people are “pack hunters”. I’m big game.

I remember ‘82 as well. I was 9 years old living in central Jersey. I was in awe.

That's me. Let it rip, then let it melt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is a lot of free throws coming up for Philly fans.  A man whose whole goal in life is to draw fouls. 

Yep and it’s nice to finally have a superstar on the team Embiid is good but not the same level as Harden. Harden and Embiid can win the Championship together. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just checked the GFS.  Talk about a de-escalation of a threat.  Too busy to follow much but Sunday is a nothing burger now? 

Correct. Local Fuddrucker's have added that to their menu. The Nothingburger is a bun of your choice with Spring lettuce, tomato, and other spring veggies. And nothing else. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmm. Not sure I'd agree with this assertion. 

I absolutely don't. I still don't think we have seen the best Joel Embiid has to give. We may never get it due to his frailty, but it is my assertion that Embiid is capable of taking entire seasons over. I think we have seen the best of James Harden and that guy by himself ain't it. 

Healthy, in-form Joel Embiid could probably drag a collection of stiffs to the Finals. 

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I absolutely don't. I still don't think we have seen the best Joel Embiid has to give. We may never get it due to his frailty, but it is my assertion that Embiid is capable of taking entire seasons over. I think we have seen the best of James Harden and that guy by himself ain't it. 

Healthy, in-form Joel Embiid could probably drag a collection of stiffs to the Finals. 

Embiid has slowly made me a believer this year. He's been incredible for the past 20-25 games. As you said, he's still improving. He's the song that went from #9 to #2 on the Billboard chart this season while Harden has gone from #5 to #13. And that might be generous. 

Embiid has been so good he's even played spectacularly when I'm in attendance. That alone makes him MVP worthy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Embiid has slowly made me a believer this year. He's been incredible for the past 20-25 games. As you said, he's still improving. He's the song that went from #9 to #2 on the Billboard chart this season while Harden has gone from #5 to #13. And that might be generous. 

Embiid has been so good he's even played spectacularly when I'm in attendance. That alone makes him MVP worthy. 

Speaking of generous

2 hours ago, paweather said:

Yep and it’s nice to finally have a superstar on the team Embiid is good but not the same level as Harden. Harden and Embiid can win the Championship together. 

It’s all about then next 2 or 3 years while Embiid is still in his prime. 
They just need Harden to give them a good couple of years playing at a high level.
I think they will be aggressive this offseason as well to keep surrounding them with talent.