Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would be very surprised west.  But no hard feelings from most if you get heavy snow.  Tracking is fun.  The 850 low punching warm air up into the far south corner of PA was a warning sign I guess.  

If the GFS came back east now I'd be fine. This run actually pushed it into Cleveland lol.

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

The GFS ensemble is posted over in MA. It’s absolute chaos. 

Lol it really is though, the snow mean is down across PA (generally 4-6”) but over a majority of it. I assumed there were several members following the GFS op in punching a lot of mixing into PA but I was definitely wrong in that assumption. I see like one such member, the rest are snow and some don’t really hit PA. Good news I guess is that there isn’t any members that are trying any funny business like making the low more dominant on the other side of the Apps. 

image.thumb.png.dc7e120066cae5104354d8c626715a95.png

My educated guess is that the operational models are presenting this system as stacking and occluding as it arrives into the Mid-Atlantic region and giving the models fits in terms of the temp fields aloft and p-type and just evolution in general. For example, I simply don’t see the whole western part of the state sleeting like the Canadian has with the intense precipitation. I would imagine this should be more of a case of how far inside the tracks and how far in the low level warmth punches. And again, this warm punch is brief and happens after the main initial slug of precip. The storm is stacked with the really deep 500mb low  moving overhead and should rapidly reestablish a snow friendly column, even with the surface low over PA. The problem is just with the best total QPF residing with the comma head, which would be west of the LSV with an inside surface low track.

• Like 4

models are on crack and drinking . start of the weak way south and out to sea a day later way north just off the coast. half a day later way west running up the apps. Watch tomorrow they are back out to sea and they will say operational errors lol.

Euro ensemble stuff. Really ramped up accumulation probs in true central and western. Unfortunately also looks like it’s solidified with what the op is trying to sell sending the surface low up into eastern PA.

Accum mean:

image.thumb.png.a5501b2843adfc6416d4196b43d776a3.png

Individual surface low tracks (using 0z vs 12z)

1528349936_ECMWFENSWeatherBellMaps.thumb.png.e80da74a4fae0ea2e685a9556f9981b0.png

28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

At hour 96 on Pivotal you can actually see the SLP jump briefly from N.Va to Delaware.  Something to watch in the future runs 

As some have pointed out in here & in the the Mid Atlantic thread, the models are trying to figure out where to place the low as it stacks at our latitude.

• Like 1