• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

I guess patience pays off. Moderate snow now, no rain. What a crazy storm. Our mountain roads are getting bad on Signal and Mowbray.
This is a system for the record books. Not because of the small amounts but for the simple fact that everything is haywire within a 15 mile radius of us. It was literally a rain or snow event for our area after 10:30 a.m. My son-in-law on Signal.sent me this picture a few minutes ago. They have just a little bit more than us. 4 miles up the road there are several inches. Crazy They live near Pruett's in Brow Estates. Much higher elevation than we are and not that much more. Cross over into Sequatchie county and several inches.f794d68ccdb05620e7c7dbd98e0adc2b.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuCoVaWx said:

I don't think I'm going to end up with anything. Mixed earlier, now I've been in dry slot for over 4 hours. Radar isn't looking good either, keeps pushing away. Oh well, can't win them all. Glad some of you guys are cashing in though, gives me hope for the future :)

2 hours ago, BuCoVaWx said:

Not a thing here in Grundy. Freezing rain hours ago, it's been dry ever since.

You're not alone. When the dry slot hit temps went from 26 to 38 and have only been dropping in the past couple hours. Only the back end can save us from a complete bust. As of now the pivot is in full gear. Here's hoping...

• Like 2

Just now, Greyhound said:

Inskip area……??? Finally started sticking here in FT City about 20 minutes ago.

Yeah, I am in Inskip. It started sticking around then here as well. Temp is now at 33. Should not have to worry about temps from here on out at least. Roads will probably be pretty slick with all the water. 

• Like 2

Dusting is official here now. I’ve finally dropped to 32 degrees for the first time in this event. There is a wreck on I-75 NB at white oak mountain. It is blocking our plows from getting to the gap at the county line. As a result the interstate is quickly becoming snow covered in that area.

• Like 6

Hate to sound like a broken record but still moderate snow here. 5 miles away nothing.

I came up with a new quote for winter in the south. The beer made me think about it.

"Winter weather in the south is like a blind date. Never know what you're going to get".

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

At least you didn’t end up with a transsnow, that would have been bad.

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic