Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Hate to sound like a broken record but still moderate snow here. 5 miles away nothing.

I came up with a new quote for winter in the south. The beer made me think about it.

"Winter weather in the south is like a blind date. Never know what you're going to get".

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

My house got maybe a 1/2 inch of snow, 30 miles south, east and west of me got 3 inches+.  Pickwick lake picked up like 5 inches.  It’s definitely disheartening when a system pans out this way.  Pretty cruel honestly, I hope you guys out east fair better than I did.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wound up with a whopping 1/2 inch here on the Davidson/Wilson Co. line.  Another degree colder locally through the column and I would have easily seen my 2nd 6+ event this year.  Still, I’m sitting at 10” for the season which ain’t bad.  Hopefully we’ll all be able to add to our totals the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 3

Just now, AMZ8990 said:

My house got maybe a 1/2 inch of snow, 30 miles south, east and west of me got 3 inches+.  Pickwick lake picked up like 5 inches.  It’s definitely disheartening when a system pans out this way.  Pretty cruel honestly 

That stinks. I figured you'd get 3 to 5 easily. This has just been a weird storm. I've got 3 inches, 5 miles west has 6 and 10 miles east has bare ground. 

• Like 4

Just now, John1122 said:

That stinks. I figured you'd get 3 to 5 easily. This has just been a weird storm. I've got 3 inches, 5 miles west has 6 and 10 miles east has bare ground. 

That’s exactly how it went here, south part of the county along the Mississippi line got absolutely hammered but you can’t even tell it snowed in the top half of the county 20 miles north.  Same scenario in our border county Mcnairy county.  

• Like 2

Wound up with a whopping 1/2 inch here on the Davidson/Wilson Co. line.  Another degree colder locally through the column and I would have easily seen my 2nd 6+ event this year.  Still, I’m sitting at 10” for the season which ain’t bad.  Hopefully we’ll all be able to add to our totals the next 2-3 weeks.

Good friend of mine in Franklin has 7-8”. Another friend in Mt Juliet has around 4”.

• Sad 1

Just now, Tucker1027 said:

Chattanooga is getting dry slotted right now

Not really. Flow is from almost due north. What you see isn’t a traditional dry slot, just a lull between convection. We should still get another shot or two of moderate snow this evening before it winds down. Once the flow switches to the NW it will stop snowing in the valley.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic