• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

Yeah, wrt my question earlier, the only notable enhancement to lift they mention is :

"additionally think the Plateau counties up into southwest VA will also see higheramounts as they`re near the PVA which will help bring down theprecipitation at a much faster rate. Further down in the valleythings are much more uncertain specifically because of uncertaintyin how fast the column saturates and how warm they get during theday."

What is a PVA?

WRT to what EastKnox just posted, I think on that description (and I could def. be wrong), this section is the most significant edit: for this situation:

"PVA is NOT under the vort max but is rather in the downstream area from it. Any variation in the vorticity isoline spacing, wind speed or angle the wind vectors intersect the vorticity isolines over space and time will change the advection of vorticity and will subsequently change the magnitude of PVA. In a situation where there is a vort lobe, in the downstream region of the vort lobe, some areas within the region will have greater PVA than others depending on variations in vorticity isoline spacing, wind speed and the angle of intersection between vorticity isolines and wind vectors."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a lot less excited about this storm than the last one. I actually think we had better chances of accumulation from the last storm. I strongly suspect this trends to 100% rain for almost all of SE TN outside the mountains. Flash freezing after the rain may be an issue though.

• Like 2

18z RGEM a little more pronounced warm nose..I would basically draw a line from Spring City, Loudon, to Maryville...if you are above that line, I think confidence is good. Alot of uncertainty south of it..doesn't take much wiggle from the 850 to have a big consequence below it.

I believe that’s petty close to where the NAM has it.

Convection along the GOM robbed the last system of moisture which caused the amounts to be less.  I think @Daniel Boonewas on the money with that.  No convection this time the I am aware of.  That MAY allow this system to perform as modeled or even over-perform.  GOM convection is an absolute pain in the neck.  Oddly for MBY, modeling repeatedly put me on the cut-off for this last system.  Sure enough, I was on the wrong side of it!  LOL.

18z RGEM and NAM looked good.  They increased amounts quite a bit.  Good sign.

• Like 2

WVLT's house model must be the Hinkin 2000.  

Their model shows 3/10ths total in Crossville,  2/10ths in Oneida, 3/10ths in Knox, 7/10ths here. 

The met for them noted the South Valley dry slot would get Knoxville and south, so not much below Knox. 

I'm honestly not sure that he even believes what he's saying but he says it anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Their model shows 3/10ths total in Crossville,  2/10ths in Oneida, 3/10ths in Knox, 7/10ths here. 

The met for them noted the South Valley dry slot would get Knoxville and south, so not much below Knox. 

I'm honestly not sure that he even believes what he's saying but he says it anyway.  

Maybe it is confusing total QPF with Snow accumulation!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I agree, I’m not sure he knows what he’s looking at!

20 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Have to love Broadcast Mets lol

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic