• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 5-7 Lake Effect Snow Event

22 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Steady snow here this morning..It looks like a band forming towards Matt .

Rgem now in range for that Monday event, looks good as of now lol

WUNIDS_map - 2022-01-07T082732.847.gif

Watching these bands like watching a horror movie: Is it going to die? Is it coming to me? What if it goes that way?

The front end of it was coming right towards me, but then dropped south. My concern is it's going to set up just to my southwest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Watching these bands like watching a horror movie: Is it going to die? Is it coming to me? What if it goes that way?

The front end of it was coming right towards me, but then dropped south. My concern is it's going to set up just to my southwest.

Same thing here. When I got up a couple of hours ago I checked the radar and felt good above the band setting up.  Now the trajectory looks good for me over the lake but the main part of it is curving to the south.  It’s been snowing steadily but lightly with small flakes. Not going to end up with much at this rate. 

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Same thing here. When I got up a couple of hours ago I checked the radar and felt good above the band setting up.  Now the trajectory looks good for me over the lake but the main part of it is curving to the south.  It’s been snowing steadily but lightly with small flakes. Not going to end up with much at this rate. 

Yep. Band is getting narrow and I can tell it's turning on too much of a NW flow. 

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Now we enter the event phase where the snow slackens, the sun peeks out, the radar looks confounding, and we stare at the NWS snowfall maps and despair. ;)

I’ve been watching reports out of Nashville - Nashville, TN and they have 8 inches of snow on the ground. It’s so frustrating!

• Like 1

BUF has a SWS for their region for that band headed directly towards my area. Snow really coming down right now.

...A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT PARTS OF OSWEGO...WAYNE...AND
NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTIES...

HAZARDS...A band of heavy snow which can rapidly reduce visibility to
less than a half mile at times.

LOCATION AND MOVEMENT...At 930 AM EST, a band of heavy snow was
along a line extending from near Port Bay to near Cato and moving
slowly southeast.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
Fair Haven Beach State Park, Sodus, Cato, Chimney Bluffs State Park,
Sterling, Ira, Huron, Wolcott, Sodus Point, Hannibal, Red Creek,
Meridian, South Hannibal, Pultneyville and Port Bay.

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't know. It's looking pretty good for our weenie zone of Northern Onondaga county.

D97185DE-5455-4D2D-9460-2810A1CBBDDB.thumb.png.247a6504356684a8052e2ac9fb432b4b.png
Looks like it’s made it as far as you. I’m still in that snow hole and waiting for the squalls to fall apart before they make it here. 

• Sad 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Definitely snowing at 1 to possibly a couple inch per hour rates right now. If I can get this band to settle in here for a while, we could overperform.

Agreed. Best looking snowfall of the season right now. Probably 1"/hr. It won't last an hour but nice to look at. 

• Like 1