• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

image.png.e511f63fb640bc900870790329021b2f.pngHave you ever been wrong this many times in 12 hours? :devilsmiley:

I was using reverse psychology to jackpot WNY. :P

Either way that path shown by the GFS has only happened a handful of times in the last decade, I'll believe it when I see it. It's very rare as the system either wants to go east or west of apps. We either get a cutter or coastal 90% of the time with Miller As. Miller Bs are easier to get in Upstate.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Gfs will be super amped with a low west of apps up to Jamestown with mix dryslot for western ny while coastal takes over and crushes Binghamton to Albany. 

I love you guys but this is exactly what I hope happens.

Everyone wins, the hill, ADK, and even my home the HV.

Cheers.. waiting for the GFS to finish running :D

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Never thought I’d see the day I’d consider chasing in Rochester, or even worse…Sizzlecuse. 

Long way to go. We haven't even entered our wailing and gnashing of teeth phase when modeling threatens to pull the football away. ;)

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

That’s why it doesn’t pay to get too excited too soon. There’s too much room for disappointment. 

Yup. That's why I'm going to be following and posting less over the next several days. Too many ups and downs, when really I should be spending more time with my wife and doing with her what she loves...puzzles. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yup. That's why I'm going to be following and posting less over the next several days. Too many ups and downs, when really I should be spending more time with my wife and doing with her what she loves...puzzles. :) 

Suree. Lol. I can see you pretending to concentrate on the puzzle while secretly looking at your phone. 

• Haha 3

As someone who checks in as infrequently as possible (which is hard to do with potential snow in the future), it’s amusing/bewildering to see the huge swings in modelology.  24-30hrs ago the risk was a sunny day in NY with a snowstorm in Georgia/the Carolinas because there is no blocking. A day later the models think the same storm could result in rain in upstate NY.

We are just inviting stress and frustration by following weather forecasts for potential events that are many days away.  

• Like 2