• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Oh okay so just the faulty always warm BUF temp sensor. SYR was probably close to BUF? 

SYR and BUF always have the least extreme departure from normal when it comes to being below normal. Either their sensors have been placed in warmer places or they're just facing a warmer climate.

45 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Oh okay so just the faulty always warm BUF temp sensor. SYR was probably close to BUF? 

The lows on cold nights were like 5-8 degrees colder in ROC than BUF. ROC had 5 nights below 0, BUF never went below 0. Not sure why that is, I would think the opposite with predominantly northern flow and more snowpack.

• Like 3

Playing in the snow pack was like a geological dig site.  Layer on top of layer.  The bottom layer was hard as rock, I don’t see much of the water content in this pack being lost with these brief warm ups.  It’s just going to condense down to and icy slush slop and be a ticking time bomb for a bigger warmup with rain.  Took a sample before any added rainfall this afternoon.  That top layer was juicy “af” pardon my French.  

9298ED94-F24E-4450-9326-BECA8AA6077E.jpeg

97717465-2442-420C-B270-BBF9266C0AF9.jpeg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Leelee said:

The lows on cold nights were like 5-8 degrees colder in ROC than BUF. ROC had 5 nights below 0, BUF never went below 0. Not sure why that is, I would think the opposite with predominantly northern flow and more snowpack.

Calm nights radiational cooling draing cold from upper Genesee Valley into lower Genesee Valley. 

50 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

It’s February 9th. Winter is not even close to over. We are like 2 weeks past the climatological middle. 
I hope…

Hey, I'm with you on fighting this "bug" everybody gets about "Spring is almost here!" It's been tough though when the winter has gone the way it has, we have a couple weeks of boring weather (the only substantial snow we had was Thursday/Friday) and next week (and possibly further out) looks "meh" for now...and lake effect fluff melts the second the February sun hits it.... (the six inches of fluff I got on top of the synoptic snow was pretty much gone by the end of the weekend despite below freezing temps.)

Wish we could get a couple consecutive weeks of 20s and moisture, with different winds over the lakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1