• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

52 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Man, whenever I check new runs, hoping for something to pop, it just looks worse and worse.  Next two weeks, at this point, look shot. What a goofy winter.

This pattern can deliver surprises. It’s an ok pattern. Little dull. Let’s see what pops up. 2 big potentials in the 300 hour. 1 week and 2 week. 

32 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Snowfall chart put out this morning by the NWS in Buffalo. Carol in Redfield leads but not by much over Cattaraugus  Tom in Lowville, you’re in the lower half  Hard to believe Geneva has only had 27.1 inches so far.

B8C49054-20A0-4D28-8059-26B2EAA1F372.jpeg.5acac30e1bed443bd67e59a2ccec1fa8.jpeg

That lowville number is way off from what I have. It’s kind of the same discrepancies I have with them as Wolfie has with Pulaski numbers.   They have missed some snow events and or way to low with event. Not sure if it’s a measuring procedure or not. I’m  at 53” per my chart

• Like 1

whats funny, what the i95 crew is rooting for is killing us on Saturday. One point that was looking like a decent shot of snow. Now since the flow is more amplified and the trough axis is pushed further to our west, it's really increasing the southwest flow torching the low levels leading to mainly rain now. Granted, the low track was always to our north, so the southerly flow was always there. Now its just roided up.  Maybe it can produce something now with that coastal. EPS kind of hinted at it 

30 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

That lowville number is way off from what I have. It’s kind of the same discrepancies I have with them as Wolfie has with Pulaski numbers.   They have missed some snow events and or way to low with event. Not sure if it’s a measuring procedure or not. I’m  at 53” per my chart

Yeah its the same here for the lakeview/hamburg reporting stations. 

Yeah, you're going to get these big differences over such tiny areas in lake effect belts. I'm at about 60 inches on the year (on par with Rochester) while Syracuse is at around 46 inches. Slowly getting to 50% of average. That Syracuse departure is going to grow over the next 1 to 2 weeks unless we can get one of these systems to pop that some of you guys are chatting about. Albany's total...geesh.

NYS Seasonal Snowfall

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

the whole interior northeast is doing terrible honestly. Just hasn't been a good winter in terms of snowfall, but good for snow pack retention 

Southern New Jersey has over 30 inches :lol:

I'm at 20 here in NYC  which is pretty close to average for date. 

• Like 1

Yeah same here..Temp shot up from 28° to 32° with some big parachutes..We did manage a full coating earlier this morning with a heavier burst lol Rgem has a band of lake effect for a short time later this afternoon/evening with temps back in to the mid 20s, we'll see how that one goes..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Temp already above forecasted high at 32 degrees with a snow shower of big fluffers. 

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah same here..Temp shot up from 28° to 32° with some big parachutes..We did manage a full coating earlier this morning with a heavier burst lol Rgem has a band of lake effect for a short time later this afternoon/evening with temps back in to the mid 20s, we'll see how that one goes..

you guys warm pretty fast, been stuck at 28 here with some piddly flakes falling. 

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

you guys warm pretty fast, been stuck at 28 here with some piddly flakes falling. 

And not far to the southwest it’s 28 with flurries. We are close to 900’ though here in Skaneateles. The highest elevation of the Finger Lakes (meaning the actual lake itself).