Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, Lucketts Life said:

No shortage of breweries out here. Favorite local beer joint is Kettles & Grains. 

Lucketts is a real peaceful area, we’ll call it a “suburb” of Leesburg haha. Great Beverage options..and the market. Then right past town as you get into Leesburg you have Raspberry Falls. 

Some horrible traffic backups there, things can get messy on 15

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

My kids love that damn thing. It’s the replacement for CFA when CFA isn’t open or too far away

It’s so good. Could have driven 5 more minutes to CFA but I was being lazy and BK was closer 

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

5.0. Grading amongst just the three, 10.0

10 it is! 

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Literal lol

I know lol, didn’t have time to make a full meal before having to be a taxi. Got the kid fed, the out the door we went. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Thank you for the kind words. 

There’s a lot that I remember. You were the first to get a storm right in February 2004? Maybe 2005?  I suck at dates. But it was a rain or snow call and there was a wall of snow that stopped at Ji’s house. It was the last time I remember him happy, but he’s on ignore now, so what do I know. But when the wall finally caved, we all got a great, unexpected snowfall. It was a Saturday. I know that because I went to a potluck dinner with the best bunch of red neck crabbers in Delmarva down on the Gunpowder River. Ate oysters and drank beer in the snow. 

• Like 1

I've gotta free form it on booze, but please, go ahead and grade me

used to be in a committed relationship with scotch, left it for bourbon (straight up)

tequila only in margaritas

gin is cool but I'm afraid I had...that...experience with it as a novice drinker :(

vodka isn't thrilling but good w cranberry or dirty martini

CAPE would hate my taste in beer (but c'mon, not all pilsners are trash, aren't there like pilsner snobs somewhere in the wide world of booze snobs?)

Pina colada is a no

Wine is a yes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

used to be in a committed relationship with scotch, left it for bourbon (straight up)

gin is cool but I'm afraid I had...that...experience with it as a novice drinker :(

CAPE would hate my taste in beer (but c'mon, not all pilsners are trash, aren't there like pilsner snobs somewhere in the wide world of booze snobs?)

Pina colada is a no

Wine is a yes

Have you tried Eagle Rare? It’s my favorite, and the only one I will drink straight up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks good! My fave pizza is gorgonzola with caramelized onions. Gotta be wood fired. The contrast.. just incredible. White, no red sauce. Just olive oil.

Ohhhh yeah, that sounds delicious. 

I bet your brussel sprouts with a white sauce, pancetta, and caramelized onions would be a winner. 

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s a lot that I remember. You were the first to get a storm right in February 2004? Maybe 2005?  I suck at dates. But it was a rain or snow call and there was a wall of snow that stopped at Ji’s house. It was the last time I remember him happy, but he’s on ignore now, so what do I know. But when the wall finally caved, we for all got a great, unexpected snowfall. It was a Saturday. I know that because I went to a potluck dinner with the best bunch of red neck crabbers in Delmarva down on the Gunpowder River. Ate oysters and drank beer in the snow. 

Again thank you. I seek relationships like you are referencing but some don’t want weather discussion but rather personal insults over model comments and instigation of personal attacks. Then they whine like  pearl clutching Karen’s that I “overreacted”. Stay in your lane, tend to your own affairs , lay off insults and instigation and you will have a fine time with me.  If not, then not

Again thanks for your  time in contributing a form of balancing the field. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kay said:

Pina colada is a no

Wine is a yes

I forgot Irish Coffee. Every now and then I have to have one. Hot or iced. Putting creme de menthe on top is a sin.

35 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Keep it in banter

You ass wipes  just want to keep reinstigating   so if there is to be no peace then let’s  play .

Relax. I’m am just joking with you. Just like I joke with others. And they joke with me. People joke about how I get no snow most winters and that I live in the tropics. Just let it roll off you. It’s not worth wanting to fight over. I’ll buy you a beer if that will help smooth things over. 

18 minutes ago, Jeff B said:

@Mappy, you want to talk bourbon and rye??? Yummy! Eagle Rare is an excellent choice.

It's been neat seeing so many local distilleries pop up all over the place. Have you checked any of them out? 

I'm a big fan of everything copper fox puts out. Their spot way out in sperryville is worth a visit, too. 

Also, for my nova people, I always think it's fun to recommend bourbon from A Smith Bowman. They got their start in what's now Reston back in the 30s, back when their farm made up that entire area. Eventually as the area got more and more developed, they moved operations down to fredricksburg, but their original distillery building was still hidden away in busy reston until very recently. 

22 minutes ago, mappy said:

Have you tried Eagle Rare? It’s my favorite, and the only one I will drink straight up. 

That and woodford (my first non-jack whisky) were the first I would have just on the rocks without a mixer. Since then it’s all neat, but chilled via whisky balls/stones.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

That and woodford (my first non-jack whisky) were the first I would have just on the rocks without a mixer. Since then it’s all neat, but chilled via whisky balls/stones.

I approve! Jack and gingers are my go to happy hour drink, when not at a brewery. 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic