• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

We met a couple when we we're in Maine on vacation from the Midwest that lived in Tornado alley, I believe it was Indiana, they don't have a storm shelter and said when they get a tornado warning they go into the bath tub in the middle of the house. They said they white knuckled a few storms. if I lived there I'd have a shelter installed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

May need to click to loop

KPAH - Precipitation Depiction, 10_29 PM.gif

The city of Mayfield, Kentucky was hit particularly hard, including a candle manufacturing factory that was operating at the time the twister hit. There were 110 people in the building at the time that it was nearly collapsed by the tornado. Dozens are expected to be lost from there, Beshear said.

https://www.wlky.com/article/western-kentucky-tornado-mayfield-bowling-green-weather-beshear/38490463

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man this will be one of the most intense outbreaks and quite sometime. Just as we were seeing things fairly quiet over the last few years. Happening in December of all months. Maybe first EF5 since Moore 2013.

Longest tracked continuous TOR on the ground in US history. That is mind boggling . In December 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Is that official? I just saw the possibility.

I think it's just a question of whether it was on the ground from it's initial warning point of near Jonesboro...may have to fully wait for survey but if it was then it will likely be official. Still can't believe this...so tragic :(

• Like 1