• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

Yep. It's high pressure to the north vs. the SE Ridge. That makes this quite a tricky event as just subtle changes can lead to much different outcomes.

I give up on any notion of a secondary "saving" us. Waves are moving so quickly that there just isn't time. We hope the Saturday system gets pressed to a flatter trajectory and we snow/mix or otherwise we rely on lake effect scraps.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing those Canadian Ensembles. That looks like the much more workable solutions in which I was hoping. You can see that the ones that cut are at a much sharper trajectory of 35 to 45 degrees and stronger with heavier snowfall, while the flatter solutions have about a 20 degree trajectory and are weaker. Going along with the theme of this season, I might actually go with the flatter, weaker look over the more potent cutters.

With the subtle shifts occurring in the pattern (ex: Chicago getting snowfall this week), this very well may end up being our best Synoptic shot of the winter to date.

• Like 4

Looks like the sharper 45 degree-angled trajectory is going to win out. Yeah, things could still change...but it's looking like we wait at least another week for any legit winter weather. Perhaps we see some lake effect to set a bit of a winter mood. Time to move onto the short-term models for our dusting to 1 inch lake effect snow showers.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Thank god we have the Bills because that’s about the only good thing to look forward  to with the weather pattern so darn crappy. We going to be a top 5 low snowfall winter at BUF? 

I got tickets to first playoff game already. Can’t wait. I’ve never been to one. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Thank god we have the Bills because that’s about the only good thing to look forward  to with the weather pattern so darn crappy. We going to be a top 5 low snowfall winter at BUF? 

I flipped through the models quickly this morning and actually thought things were looking up...Big ridge forming above then on top of Alaska, shifting the trof east towards us, opening the door for some serious cold towards end of next week with the obvious lake effect implications.  Thought there would be some positive vibes in here.  I'm either really bad at model interpretation (likely) or the 79th consecutive morning of temps near 40 with drizzle/low clouds has succeeded in removing all winter hope...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I flipped through the models quickly this morning and actually thought things were looking up...Big ridge forming above then on top of Alaska, shifting the trof east towards us, opening the door for some serious cold towards end of next week with the obvious lake effect implications.  Thought there would be some positive vibes in here.  I'm either really bad at model interpretation (likely) or the 79th consecutive morning of temps near 40 with drizzle/low clouds has succeeded in removing all winter hope...

Sorry about that. Like you, the dreary 40 degree weather is getting to me. I think some of us are just bummed by another miss and "good things in the long range" that we can't seem to actually see happen. We have another rainer and another warm up before the potential change at the end of next week. But, will it happen? The 6Z GFS just made it seem less likely. It's just one run. The 0Z Euro showed a potential snowmaker at the end of next week. We just want a change and patience is thin.

25 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Some of us "have the Giants"...which is like having the past two winters.

All we have left is rooting for the Bills, which is like cheering on West Coast snow... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

No you’re more right than wrong. There will be a pattern shift and I believe theres still a lot of confusion amongst how it all plays out

12 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Pack it up. Even the METS are calling it. 

Guys were jumping in the pit of misery way too fast…in a 4 day period, one day of 10+ degree departures and 3 right at normal or even a degree or two below would give us AN temps. The system on the models is a 1 1/2 day “warm up” and back to cold. As Aaron Rodgers once said…R.E.L.A.X.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Guys were jumping in the pit of misery way too fast…in a 4 day period, one day of 10+ degree departures and 3 right at normal or even a degree or two below would give us AN temps. The system on the models is a 1 1/2 day “warm up” and back to cold. As Aaron Rodgers once said…R.E.L.A.X.

We are looking at slightly above wx as a pattern change? This winter is ova! It has been ova! It’s the pits! The worst! And worse than that? It’s the new normal. How’s that for RELAX. Lol

• Haha 3