• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

On 12/19/2021 at 7:34 AM, cny rider said:

Who needs models and maps to forecast the weather on Christmas?

Here's the forecast for the next 20 Christmases:  Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers.  High of 45.

Verification:  

Christmas Day

Rain, mainly before 5pm. High near 41. South wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

(OK I busted a few degrees high on temps).

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, sferic said:

What is the source of this graphic?  Thank you

There was until about 4 hours ago…we had, at least in Williamsville, roughly 2”. It’s a memory now but at least through a good portion of today we had snow OTG.  Here’s to a Merry Christmas to all my fellow weather weenies, your families and friends to a safe, healthy holiday…and here’s to the collection efforts we’ve been secretly holding for TugHills long overdue relocation to that lonely house in the hinterlands. May we all get a shit ton of snow in January and beyond!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, that map is definitely wrong, especially here, about 25 miles north of Syracuse, where it's showing 2-3" currently otg. I don't have my glasses on, so I can't see shit, lol! Doesn't there have to be 1" other the morning of Christmas for it to be a White Christmas? If thats the case, I don't think anywhere will verify accept those that live on the Tug and perhaps South of KBUF but IDK about that area.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, that map is definitely wrong, especially here, about 25 miles north of Syracuse, where it's showing 2-3" currently otg. I don't have my glasses on, so I can't see shit, lol! Doesn't there have to be 1" other the morning of Christmas for it to be a White Christmas? If thats the case, I don't think anywhere will verify accept those that live on the Tug and perhaps South of KBUF but IDK about that area.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

That map isn’t what’s on the ground it’s what fell in a 48 hour window, so it’s pretty accurate as there has been a lot of melting already. I’m already down to a soggy 3 inches. 

• Like 1