Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

6 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Packing the bags to come up from Charlotte tonight! Haven't decided to head towards Banner Elk or stay close to 40 in the Smokies yet. Been too long since I've seen snow.

I would probably go with Banner Elk. I wish I could come up.

Ok, I have been lurking here for YEARS — ever since the I discovered the boards during the Dec 26th 2010 storm.  Am coming out of lurkdom to ask an opinion.  We *just* got back to Raleigh from Linville area on Thursday.  Am seriously considering going back up late this afternoon but it would be an ordeal (small kids and rescheduling work).  I don’t think it would be worth it for 4” or less.  Should I take the chance??  

12 minutes ago, dogwoods said:

Ok, I have been lurking here for YEARS — ever since the I discovered the boards during the Dec 26th 2020 storm.  Am coming out of lurkdom to ask an opinion.  We *just* got back to Raleigh from Linville area on Thursday.  Am seriously considering going back up late this afternoon but it would be an ordeal (small kids and rescheduling work).  I don’t think it would be worth it for 4” or less.  Should I take the chance??  

Hmmm ...No . I would wait for a much longer duration storm and one covering a much broader area. Too many micro climates up here that this storm could greatly effect..Also a lot of the snow is going to be falling in the dark

4 minutes ago, dogwoods said:

Ok, I have been lurking here for YEARS — ever since the I discovered the boards during the Dec 26th 2010 storm.  Am coming out of lurkdom to ask an opinion.  We *just* got back to Raleigh from Linville area on Thursday.  Am seriously considering going back up late this afternoon but it would be an ordeal (small kids and rescheduling work).  I don’t think it would be worth it for 4” or less.  Should I take the chance??  

I would do it. Linville should get 6 to 8 inches.

I don’t think I’m taking a chance on this one.  But I wanted y’all to know that your posting is appreciated — I got a weather station this year for Christmas because my interest in weather has grown over the years as a result of this forum.  Thanks and keep it up!!  

• Like 4

• jburns unpinned this topic