Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, especially out your way. Could be some southwest PA 70's verbatim. 

Yeah, only about a 10 degree increase at MDT as compared to the prior run but honestly, the map I posted earlier probably got extreme southwest PA close to 70 anyway.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, only about a 10 degree increase at MDT as compared to the prior run but honestly, the map I posted earlier probably got extreme southwest PA close to 70 anyway.

Yea, I see that now.  Just a tip of it.  This run up into Lake Erie with 60's.   Much stronger, closer, wound up Mid-West SLP is to blame. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I mentioned delay in another post and that was in reference to a real cold front vs a moderate change.   Glad I did not cover up the A/C in case this plays out. 

The initial push from warm to more seasonable comes earlier, but I don’t see any indications of a BN look in that timeframe.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The initial push from warm to more seasonable comes earlier, but I don’t see any indications of a BN look in that timeframe.

Certainly not on the EC.  There is no snow for anyone near us with that low basically dying and reforming to our North.   Whatever front that passes over us is more in the theme of a moderate air mass. 

Hi Guys!  I’m coming to you from Jensen Beach Florida where I arrived yesterday for my annual Florida vaca.  Jensen Beach is just south of Port St. Lucie and about 40 miles north of West Palm Beach.  Currently it’s cloudy with a temperature of 82 degrees and a light breeze.  Will be down here until next Wednesday.  I’m usually down here during the weekend where we return to standard time, which I love for all the same reasons several of you were also mentioning.  As far as low temps back home, my low yesterday morning was 29 with a thick white coating of frost on all the car tops and grass.  I was more amazed with this morning’s low of 25 degrees.  I think the low forecast for this morning when I left yesterday was around 30.  That’s it for now.  Take care!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hi Guys!  I’m coming to you from Jensen Beach Florida where I arrived yesterday for my annual Florida vaca.  Jensen Beach is just south of Port St. Lucie and about 40 miles north of West Palm Beach.  Currently it’s cloudy with a temperature of 82 degrees and a light breeze.  Will be down here until next Wednesday.  I’m usually down here during the weekend where we return to standard time, which I love for all the same reasons several of you were also mentioning.  As far as low temps back home, my low yesterday morning was 29 with a thick white coating of frost on all the car tops and grass.  I was more amazed with this morning’s low of 25 degrees.  I think the low forecast for this morning when I left yesterday was around 30.  That’s it for now.  Take care!

Have a great time! I love spending time on the Florida east coast - I'm envious right now. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hey you’re 3 or so miles south of my SIL. Tell her I say hi lol 

56 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hey you’re 3 or so miles south of my SIL. Tell her I say hi lol 

Will do!  I forgot to mention that I am actually on the barrier island, Hutchinson Island, sandwiched between the ocean and Indian River along A1A.  I must say that the shoreline has really taken a horrific beating with erosion over the years.  There's not much distance between land and water like there used to be years (decades) ago.  Of course I realize that this issue is commonplace up and down the entire east coast of the US.  From what I've heard, each coastal town is financially responsible for the upkeep and maintaining of its portion of the shoreline.  Sadly, these towns simply do not have the budgets to do the necessary maintenance.

11 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I looked at every op (Icon 2 days, it did not go to the weekend, GFS, Euro and CMC)  and each has 3 days of 60 and above at MDT next week though how they get there is a bit different in that the CMC and Euro sink the warm front south on Thursday only to lift it back up for part of the weekend and Friday while  the GFS pushes primary front through much faster. 

I’m focused on the pattern change for mid month. The trough looks to be setting up in the east. Tracking snow season should be underway by mid month.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You haven't spent enough time watching Pittsburgh against horrible teams.

I was at the PITT - Tampa game IN Pittsburgh in 2014. Tampa finished the year 2-14 AND had to start their back up QB that game due to injuries.

Tampa Bay won. 

I will be shocked if the Lions don't win a game this year. It took a freaking miracle kick for them to lose to the Ravens for crying out loud. 

I was in Philly 2 years ago when the Lions beat the Eagles. Fun weekend but it was a miserable game!

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

29 this morning when I left for work.

Delayed but certainly not denied - I don't recall the first frost/freeze of the season being followed by another...and another...and another.

Growing season is done. :) 

29 for me too. Another heavy frost on the pumpkin

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

29 this morning when I left for work.

Delayed but certainly not denied - I don't recall the first frost/freeze of the season being followed by another...and another...and another.

Growing season is done. :) 

Agreed.   Frost and freeze were 42 days later than last year for me.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Indian Summer is blunted (though next weekend is pretty toasty) on the CMC this AM.  Maybe a tad blunted on the GFS but still there.  Euro is all ahead for heat. 

• Like 1