Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

12 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Did you notice the upgrade to slight risk Wiz? Locally I’m not crazy about the south and east trend Scott mentioned 

It's too early to say though. I just saw a couple of runs on the hi res and was like....I've seen this before. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

This smoke is great! Makes it truly feel like summer. I love coughing while I work. Everybody does is they get older. Only wish the dew points were higher so the actual Ash would stick to my skin.

Reminds me of the polluted hazy and hot days of the 80s. You had it look just like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Soundings have sfc winds at BDL already NW by the morning with a NW flow through 5k...actually you can see small capping layers too. 

God damn it...this is BS. Of course this crap would happen. We actually get decent lapse rates and everything else goes to shit. I also don't like how the pre-frontal is oriented. What a waste. We better get an EML coming up with that look. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Soundings have sfc winds at BDL already NW by the morning with a NW flow through 5k...actually you can see small capping layers too. 

God damn it...this is BS. Of course this crap would happen. We actually get decent lapse rates and everything else goes to shit. I also don't like how the pre-frontal is oriented. What a waste. We better get an EML coming up with that look. 

The storms overnight are it for SNE other than SE Ma

• Sad 1

Found it thanks.
mcd1319.gif
https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1319.html
DISCUSSION...Associated with larger-scale mid/upper troughing  digging in the St. Lawrence Valley/lower Great Lakes region, forcing  for ascent with a lead speed maximum (30-50 kts in the 500-300 mb  layer) appears to be providing support for an ongoing, well  organized cluster of thunderstorms across southeastern Ontario.   Perhaps aided by an associated strengthening surface cold pool, this  activity has accelerated some (up to 40 kt) over the past couple of  hours, and may reach the Ottawa vicinity by around 19Z.  Along trailing outflow into the vicinity of its intersection with a  southward advancing cold front, additional thunderstorm development  and intensification is now also well underway.  Supported by  moderate southeasterly low-level inflow of moist air characterized  by CAPE of 1000-2000 J/kg, this seems likely to continue with the  evolution of another upscale growing and organizing cluster/segment  possible.  This may begin impacting the Ontario shores of Lake  Ontario into the Watertown vicinity as early as 20-21Z, perhaps a  bit earlier and more substantively than suggested by the latest  Rapid Refresh.  Although low-level wind fields are generally weak, the effective  downward mixing of higher momentum air aloft, associated with the  well developed/maturing organized convective system and associated  surface cold pools, probably will be accompanied by increasing  potential for strong gusts at least approaching severe limits.

I am ready for a derecho into southern Maine at 3 AM. Please make it happen @OceanStWx