Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

15 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

One hell of a supercell near Rehoboth 

That must be the one that just passed over me. I dont think I’ve ever seen it rain so hard since moving into this house. And the amount of nearby CG strikes was impressive.

I started out a few hours ago as the cells were developing to my east, and ended up on one of the toughest chases I’ve ever done. I came to a flooded road in Willington and stopped there. Basically a river cut through a property and across the road. I tried to get the road closed to no avail (no first responders showed up), and was able to stop some drivers. Most just kept going.

A motorcyclist almost got washed away and a car nearly lost control. I tried reporting to BOX but idk if they got the report as the FFW said radar indicated…

Ff7q18H.jpg

jhKT16L.jpg

NiPFRRo.jpg

Went up further to Ashford and it was even worse. Multiple sections of the area were shut down. At this location a guy actually asked me to help remove the barricade so he could drive through AS THE WATER WAS RISING ON THE ROAD. 

djC1Le0.jpg

I was soaking wet and quite frankly shaken by the foolishness I saw, but I was able to help people, send reports to first responders and media, I have some pretty incredible video.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Northwest CT getting crushed. Flooding is going to be horrendous 

So much of CT is vulnerable given the current pattern. All it takes is a push. 

Just finished pulling my videos together. Incredible flooding in Ashford. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I kinda wish I was up that way but I do not want to be on the roads at night with the flooding risk. Especially up that way. 

I definitely would advise against it. I kind of got lucky passing the first road that was starting to flood—the rain was so heavy I didn’t even see it until I was splashing water. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You tube us

The second video reminds me of Hurricane Florence in NC. Just insane amounts of water as far as I could see.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1