Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

7 minutes ago, WeatherHappens said:

still wouldn't be overly exciting

Not really worth discussing more since the Ukie has been bad with tropical this season IMO (though all the models have had their bad moments), but Henri is far stronger on the higher resolution Ukmet. 

I really do think OTS is most likely, but I wouldn’t say it’s a lock. Everything would really need to come into place fairly quickly for any type of impact here. The models have really struggled this season as a whole.

• Like 2

Let me just be clear. I’m less concerned with what the models show and more intrigued by the broader trend so far, which has been more west/strong in the presence of a ridge/trough pairing  that if positioned and timed right could make things more interesting.

Given the environment, while highly unlikely at the moment, there is a window for something more interesting if things align.

Obviously two different setups but Grace went from a S FL 5 day NHC forecast to a Bay of Campeche forecast in 48 hours. That’s the exception to the rule but it’s a reminder that track and intensity forecasting in tropical is still really hard in complex setups when models are playing catch up to the actual environmental conditions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not really worth discussing more since the Ukie has been bad with tropical this season IMO (though all the models have had their bad moments), but Henri is far stronger on the higher resolution Ukmet. 

I really do think OTS is most likely, but I wouldn’t say it’s a lock. Everything would really need to come into place fairly quickly for any type of impact here. The models have really struggled this season as a whole.

it's worth discussing i  enjoy watching the storm form and develop....unfortunately there will be little or no impacts for us

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I really do think Scooter playing the rest of his life out as a male is most likely, but I wouldn't say its a lock. Everything would really need to come into place fairly quickly for Allison to allow his outtie to convert to an innie. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I really do think Scooter playing the rest of his life out as a male is most likely, but I wouldn't say its a lock. Everything would really need to come into place fairly quickly for Allison to allow his outtie to convert to an innie. 

I'm done with kids, start the process now?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WeatherHappens said:

it's worth discussing i  enjoy watching the storm form and develop....unfortunately there will be little or no impacts for us

I just meant not worth discussing in terms of verbatim impacts here in SNE.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That’s a prickly response to my post, but that’s alright. :lol: 

I’m simply stating that the steering environment as currently modeled is more conducive for casual tracking and discussion than straight flushing it. I’m not calling for play by play of cherry picked operational guidance or weenie IR hallucinations. 

I know it’s usually HECS or bust for you but there’s a lot of marginal stuff that may not bring exciting conditions to your backyard in between that’s worth a little discussion. 

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I just meant not worth discussing in terms of verbatim impacts here in SNE.

That’s a prickly response to my post, but that’s alright. :lol: 

I’m simply stating that the steering environment as currently modeled is more conducive for casual tracking and discussion than straight flushing it. I’m not calling for play by play of cherry picked operational guidance or weenie IR hallucinations. 

I know it’s usually HECS or bust for you but there’s a lot of marginal stuff that may not bring exciting conditions to your backyard in between that’s worth a little discussion. 

I'm just irritated that there hasn't been anything interesting in six months...nothing personal.

• Like 2

"I know it’s usually HECS or bust for you but there’s a lot of marginal stuff that may not bring exciting conditions to your backyard in between that’s worth a little discussion". 

@WxWatcher007This last part is BS.....I track and forecast all tropical systems that have a shot at significant impact anywhere in the US. There haven't been any this season (Elsa was minimal).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

"I know it’s usually HECS or bust for you but there’s a lot of marginal stuff that may not bring exciting conditions to your backyard in between that’s worth a little discussion". 

@WxWatcher007This last part is BS.....I track and forecast all tropical systems that have a shot at significant impact anywhere in the US. There haven't been any this season (Elsa was minimal).

I know…you riled me up. :lol: 

That comment was more with regard to winter wx threats lol. 

In all seriousness, I always appreciate hearing your tropical thoughts.

I know I sometimes come off as waffling with my tropical posts but I have two good reasons it:

1) I’ve been burned too many times making declarations, especially during my early tropical tracking days 

2) I’m a lawyer and I’m trained to think and write that way :lol: 

• Like 1