• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

16 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, its still going to be hot and eventually humid as Tuesday comes on.  But like a snowstorm that is forecast 7 days out and makes the news, the heat wave was also making the rounds of water coolers while all models, including the Euro though possible 94-96's a couple days there, now have it as a few slight to moderate above average August days now.   None of the low 100's of a few days ago. 

If a heat wave is considered a heat wave with 3 days above 90 then that is truly strange.  The normal high right now is 86 so that means 3 days slightly above normal is a heat wave?

Thats where my head has always been.  IMO the diff between 86 and 90 isnt a big deal, and just because some criteria is met....doesnt mean that the real feel is much different. 

To me the humidity is ALWAYS the biggest factor in the summer.  90 w/ 60dp is much more tolerable than 86 w/ 75dp.  Guess it's up to the individual.  

3 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Thats where my head has always been.  IMO the diff between 86 and 90 isnt a big deal, and just because some criteria is met....doesnt mean that the real feel is much different. 

To me the humidity is ALWAYS the biggest factor in the summer.  90 w/ 60dp is much more tolerable than 86 w/ 75dp.  Guess it's up to the individual.  

I agree, the humidity level makes all of the difference to me. 

6 hours ago, pasnownut said:

100% agree with this. Humidity is the killer. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

After reaching 92 yesterday, today looks like it'll be close to 90 again. Rest of the work week looks like 90 is pretty much a given, with highs later in the week reaching the mid 90s...at least. 

This feels like it might be one of those weeks we talked about awhile back, where there are 5 days of heat, but then you get through the first day and there are still 5 days of heat, and so on.

4 hours ago, TimB84 said:

This feels like it might be one of those weeks we talked about awhile back, where there are 5 days of heat, but then you get through the first day and there are still 5 days of heat, and so on.

Question is - who and when will people receive rainfall? Seems like some water is a good bet for some folks, but then again, many might not get anything until the weekend at least.