• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

We are not Yanks fans either, but its the last close stadium to us that we haven't been to. We're hostage to the train and their departure times into/out of the city. But i think we get there 2 hours before game time. my friend and family are going with us, they're Yanks fans.

That's how we went as well. Very easy to get to, subway station is close to Penn Station (Amtrak) up on 6th Avenue take the D line right to 161st Street/Yankee Stadium.

• Like 1

I know, i'm not use to it.

Bought tickets to take another MLB stadium off daughter bucket list last night. Yankees here we come.

So the year the red Sox broke the curse coming back to beat the Yankees 4 straight I had lost a bet with a good friend from Boston and agreed to go with him for game 3 to yankee stadium dressed in total Red Sox attire. With his mouth I’m surprised we didn’t get pummeled. I’m sure it was because Sox lost in blowout and yankee fans thought it was in the bag. Still considering the history it’s a cool moment in time to be part of.

• Like 3

I remember that game. Just looked at the stats and they are as ugly as I figured they’d be. 

The number of times PSU was in Iowa territory, even starting drives in Iowa territory a few times, is stunning for an offense that put up 0 points.

I was at that game. Not enough whiskey in America to watch that live there.

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So the year the red Sox broke the curse coming back to beat the Yankees 4 straight I had lost a bet with a good friend from Boston and agreed to go with him for game 3 to yankee stadium dressed in total Red Sox attire. With his mouth I’m surprised we didn’t get pummeled. I’m sure it was because Sox lost in blowout and yankee fans thought it was in the bag. Still considering the history it’s a cool moment in time to be part of.

Those Yanks fans underestimated the power of a single Dave Roberts steal. 

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

So NWS has me mostly sunny today.  They went the easy way out....can of corn.  Still think some showers/few cells develop in southern half of the state.  

So about this post...

A light shower has just popped south of Dillsburg, and a few more out in the south central mountains. 

Bubbler for the win! 

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I was at that game. Not enough whiskey in America to watch that live there.

I have been to Beaver Stadium exactly 26 times in my life dating back to 1982's huge win against #1 Pitt. (Blackledge vs. Marino)

In my 26 visits, PSU is exactly 26-0.

Closest I've seen them come to losing was a few years ago in the season opener against App. State. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

There is plenty more coming out of Cumberland.   NWS Zones should automatically add 20% to all other forecasts for southern Dauphin county. 

22 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I don't think the burg got much. must have rode along the mountain

i forgot to mention, when i left work yesterday there was no rain at the intersection of cameron and Elmerton near farm show building, but was a downpour at I-81. (quarter mile maybe?) It dumped along the I-81 corridor into Cumberland County but never rained at my house which is a coupe blocks from the interstate. it just rode the mountain  

29 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i forgot to mention, when i left work yesterday there was no rain at the intersection of cameron and Elmerton near farm show building, but was a downpour at I-81. (quarter mile maybe?) It dumped along the I-81 corridor into Cumberland County but never rained at my house which is a coupe blocks from the interstate. it just rode the mountain  

That line died so fast coming into Dauphin county it appeared like it was allergic to the susky.  In N Cumberland county I bet it was close to getting warned. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, have not had a chance to look at the GFS but too a quick look at the CMC on my phone.  The Sat in 9-10 days went from a near high of 80 at MDT to pushing 100.

GFS is still remarkably consistent with its prior runs in the D9/10 range. But yes, the CMC continues to diverge.

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That line died so fast coming into Dauphin county it appeared like it was allergic to the susky.  In N Cumberland county I bet it was close to getting warned. 

I live in North East Cumberland County, not a drop. But it rained on the Interstate :blink: Not sure if you're familiar with the Wertzville Road exit off 81 and where the grocery stores and Pizza Boy brewing is? It dumped there too. It was crazy

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I live in North East Cumberland County, not a drop. But it rained on the Interstate :blink: Not sure if you're familiar with the Wertzville Road exit off 81 and where the grocery stores and Pizza Boy brewing is? It dumped there too. It was crazy

That cell or group of cells melted like the ones that really frustrated me down this way earlier this week.   Harrisburg looked a sure bet to get walloped.  Western Cumberland County is getting a fresh cup of mostly sunny dumped on them right now. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That cell or group of cells melted like the ones that really frustrated me down this way earlier this week.   Harrisburg looked a sure bet to get walloped.  Western Cumberland County is getting a fresh cup of mostly sunny dumped on them right now. 

looks like its headed my way, but will it peter out?

Oh man, a lot of good sports talk around these parts today.  We just had to go there with the 6-4 Iowa Penn State game didn't we??  I was in attendance for that work of art, let us never forget the excellence that was on display that day.  If I recall correctly, Iowa intentionally took a safety late in the game because they were so confident PSU's offense would do nothing with the ball, and they were right.

Don't get me started on the new 17 game NFL schedule eeeeerrrrrrr.  Looks like Richard Sherman has gotten himself into quite the quagmire.  As for Haskins, given that the incident took place in a Vegas hotel room I'm going with some sort of alleged cheating incident, and yes I have zero evidence to back that up ha.  Seriously though, I give him a bit of credit for the restraint he showed in not retaliating, as it seems she put quite the bruisin on him.  As others have stated, I am not high on the Steelers this year.  However, as a Packers fan I'm still unsure if our quarterback will be on the field this year or hosting Jeopardy haha.  Lastly, couldn't agree more about the new Yankee Stadium, empty and hollow, nothing like the raucousness of the old stadium.  I will now retreat back into my cave.  Toodles.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

No one here has an issue tossing the CMC so its gone.   I did get to look at the early GFS panels and disappointed to see that big 'ole mostly dry spot over the LSV for this weekend.

Yes, models look quite dry your way.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Might soon be time to build a rock yard like they do in Arizona. 

I hesitate to say this given other conversations we’ve had in this thread, but my yard in Arizona had a lawn and a sprinkler system. (In my defense, it was that way when I bought the house, but I didn’t get rid of it and make a rock yard either.)