• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Nope, that’s me. A Pittsburgh Riverhounds season ticket holder, as a matter of fact. LOL.

Do they play next to the Sheraton at Station Square? There's a soccer stadium next door, and that is where my son and I stay every year for a weekend when attending Steelers games. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Do they play next to the Sheraton at Station Square? There's a soccer stadium next door, and that is where my son and I stay every year for a weekend when attending Steelers games. 

Correct. Highmark Stadium, looks roughly like a high school stadium. Perfect venue for a second tier American soccer team, IMO. As you can guess, the season tickets were fairly inexpensive.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Correct. Highmark Stadium, looks roughly like a high school stadium. Perfect venue for a second tier American soccer team, IMO. As you can guess, the season tickets were fairly inexpensive.

I'll be at the Sheraton in mid November. There have been soccer games ongoing on some of our previous visits...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In watching it again they obviously knew it was coming when the hat is on hand. LOL

that's what i said to my daughter. they have had him pegged for the #8 spot. As the draft was unfolding differently then others expected, i thought maybe he'd get bumped lower. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86that is quite the trough on the GFS. Doesn’t provide a ton of relief except maybe NE PA, but the 540 line enters Maine.

Really wound up, isn't it?  It does put us near the base of it and S/W's traverse the area every couple days (a week plus out).  Much better than the country wide (North to South) ridge from a few runs ago.  This weekends front is a bit more progressive than 6Z.  Quite a bit drier and back to the closer terrible look from yesterday where some could see little rain for a week or more. 

Edit-Fantasy Land GFS has you not feeling worried about rain. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Really wound up, isn't it?  It does put us near the base of it and S/W's traverse the area ever  couple days.  Much better than the country wide (North to South) ridge for a few runs ago.  The weekend front is a bit more progressive than 6Z.  Quite a bit drier and back to the terrible look for yesterday where some could see little rain for a week or more. 

Being between that trough and the massive ridge could be a home run for consistent rain chances, especially for me.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Being between that trough and the massive ridge could be a home run for consistent rain chances, especially for me.

That is what it basically shows.  Systems have to go through your area to go anywhere.  Let's see what it shows in 5 hours.  LOL.  It's really making some drastic jumps the last few days. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is what it basically shows.  Systems have to go through your area to go anywhere.  Let's see what it shows in 5 hours.  LOL.  It's really making some drastic jumps the last few days. 

I’m not expecting 5.9 inches of rain the rest of the month by any stretch. At this point, even average to slightly below average rainfall the rest of the month would cut it for me. What’s more important to me right now is keeping the heat at bay, and this run was satisfying in that regard.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m not expecting 5.9 inches of rain the rest of the month by any stretch. At this point, even average to slightly below average rainfall the rest of the month would cut it for me. What’s more important to me right now is keeping the heat at bay, and this run was satisfying in that regard.

That said, I’d be willing to let the storm track shift a little east and sacrifice some (not all) of the heat relief if it helps any of yinz that need the rain. Move the runner to second with a sacrifice bunt, if you will.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Your post reminded me that I wanted to look up the precip Max for MDT and it was an Agnes inspired 18.70" in June 1972.   I am sure that has been mentioned here before but this month it felt appropriate as MDT is on a Ballpark figured pace for 14-15" right now.  MDT has already had more precip than any Feb or March in history and has a decent chance of adding Jan, Apr, May, July, August, October,  November and December to the list.  Tropical Storm Lee was second in September.  Officially MDT is on pace for the third highest ever precip month as of tdoay. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your post reminded me that I wanted to look up the precip Max for MDT and it was an Agnes inspired 18.70" in June 1972.   I am sure that has been mentioned here before but this month it felt appropriate as MDT is on a Ballpark figured pace for 14-15" right now.  MDT has already had more precip than any Feb or March in history and has a decent chance of adding Jan, Apr, May, July, August, October,  November and December to the list.  Tropical Storm Lee was second in September.  Officially MDT is on pace for the third highest ever precip month as of tdoay. 

I don't have records for what I got from Agnes (I was only 6) but September 2011 is the highest I've recorded, of course much of that was from Lee. My total for the month was 17.74" 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't have records for what I got from Agnes (I was only 6) but September 2011 is the highest I've recorded, of course much of that was from Lee. My total for the month was 17.74" 

I thought of you when posting this since we discussed the personal vs. MDT records earlier.   The third place month is no where near there top two at 12.08" in July 2018.   On the flip side the sum min is Oct 1924 at .02.  In recent times August 1995 only had 1/2" for the whole month. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thought of you when posting this since we discussed the personal vs. MDT records earlier.   The third place month is no where near there top two at 12.08" in July 2018.   On the flip side the sum min is Oct 1924 at .02.  In recent times August 1995 only had 1/2" for the whole month. 

Speaking of gates of hell heat.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

You've been running a few degrees warmer than I have this summer, so makes since we've flipped since I've gotten all your rain ha

I have some very light rain falling now here at work. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What did MDT record in September 2011?