• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just realized that CTP lowered my rain chances today to 30%. That's a significant drop from the 70% it was showing yesterday afternoon for today. They do have 70% posted for Saturday, which seems high 3 days out. 

Current radar looks winterlike to me, with little streamers of showers in western and central PA. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just realized that CTP lowered my rain chances today to 30%. That's a significant drop from the 70% it was showing yesterday afternoon for today. They do have 70% posted for Saturday, which seems high 3 days out. 

Current radar looks winterlike to me, with little streamers of showers in western and central PA. 

Yea, my zone had likely in it yesterday.  Not any more.   The 3 MR models do have Sat night into Monday as a washout at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe some lake effect for us. :-)))) 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, yes I should have said "those of us that need beneficial rains".    Although even the rain forest known as Harrisburg will be pretty dry by this weekend if there is no rain before then. 

mowed last night.  My ground is SOAKED....

I'll gladly give you all of my rain pal.  You live in a truly beautiful area (went through 2x on rt 30 w/ Harley this year), and I'd hate to see it take on a more scorched look than it already may have.

51 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well one good piece of news on the comfort front for today is the dew points.  Near 80 degrees yesterday afternoon, it looks like they'll be about 10 degrees lower today.  Who would think that a 70-degree dew point could feel "comfortable"?...lol.  The sun has been in and out of clouds over me this morning.  Current temp is 82 and the dew point is 69.

Spent some time walking across our campus this morning and it does feel less oppressive than recent days. Almost nice out.

Almost. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

mowed last night.  My ground is SOAKED....

I'll gladly give you all of my rain pal.  You live in a truly beautiful area (went through 2x on rt 30 w/ Harley this year), and I'd hate to see it take on a more scorched look than it already may have.

3 days of scorching sun should dry you out :-).  Pending today of course...actually see a chance of some scattered rain tomorrow as well.

Things here up by route 30 are much more green and ok I think.  I believe Chambersburg headed over to Caledonia has done much better the last few weeks.  Unsure about the other side in Cashtown.  

Just now, TimB84 said:

To keep the sports talk consolidated to the same part of the thread, I guess this is the time to note the USA basketball team finally won a game.

Yeah, I'm sorry - I shouldn't have detoured us. I know and respect that not everyone comes here to read and discuss sports. My bad. 

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I am. its gonna be pool day.

Yep, that was fantastic. + we had a young man from our school go in the 3rd to Seattle 

They have a video of the Benny reaction in case anyone missed it.

https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolsports/2021/07/watch-red-lands-benny-montgomery-is-picked-8th-overall-in-mlb-draft-by-colorado-rockies.html

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I'm weird, i actually watched the draft live, so i saw it. Thanks for sharing though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Personally I think its fine to go off the path from time to time. 

It really seems to only happen occasionally, mostly in the warm season, somewhere between morning observations/forecasts for the day and the 12z model runs and not every day. 

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It really seems to only happen occasionally, mostly in the warm season, somewhere between morning observations/forecasts for the day and the 12z model runs and not every day. 

It is a sign of a community I would think.  Convo's about life.   Though I am sure it can be irritating to someone who only checks in once or twice a day and comes back to a hundred posts.  Fell slightly bad about that.