• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

One of the last times I opened my windows was back in June on a night when it got down to 45 and I woke up with a cold so bad I got covid tested just in case (yes, I know, the two were unrelated).

Yeah it's a risk.  Need a middle ground temp.  Though I sleep better sometimes when it is really cold in the room.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yeah it's a risk.  Need a middle ground temp.  Though I sleep better sometimes when it is really cold in the room.

I talked at length about how my wife doesn’t let me run the a/c in May, so you can imagine it’s not exactly set at 68 during the summer.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And part of me says, well 54 (the verbatim temperature at MDT on that panel) isn’t that cold, but it’s actually colder than it is at PIT that morning, and although 54 in July has been reached 91 times in MDT’s history, it hasn’t happened in 20 years.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I talked at length about how my wife doesn’t let me run the a/c in May, so you can imagine it’s not exactly set at 68 during the summer.

If it was I would ask you for a loan.  Lol.  I just had to talk my wife out of a window unit in the bedroom.  We settled on a portable unit so I still have half my window with the exhaust fan covering the other half.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

And part of me says, well 54 (the verbatim temperature at MDT on that panel) isn’t that cold, but it’s actually colder than it is at PIT that morning, and although 54 in July has been reached 91 times in MDT’s history, it hasn’t happened in 20 years.

Man that is impressive stats for after 10pm.  If mdt is 54 most of us LSV folks are in the 40's. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Man that is impressive stats for after 10pm.  If mdt is 54 most of us LSV folks are in the 40's. 

(But we know MDT won’t be 54.) The rest of the area would be 54 and MDT would be 62.

But yeah, that xmACIS site is incredible at how easily you can pull that info.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TimB84 said:

(But we know MDT won’t be 54.) The rest of the area would be 54 and MDT would be 62.

But yeah, that xmACIS site is incredible at how easily you can pull that info.

A lesser heat/nice night delight of a run this AM.    Still dry this way unfortunately.   EC had enough of being agreeable and broke away already. 

image.png.18e7890b5009af826a1b8922761443b4.png

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I noticed that and edited the post.  Almost feels more normal for it to be this way vs. all agreeing. 

It sure does. So now it’s back to the normal mode of rooting for the GFS and firing the EC like Jason Garrett after an 8-8 season.

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is the time of year when I start getting tired of walking outside and having my glasses completely fog over immediately. I'm ready for a break. 

I was surprised this morning when this happened. It actually felt more humid to me this morning than it did yesterday. 

Look's like DP's could drop 10-15 by end of day (then go back up again). 

Just now, paweather said:

The 3 H type of day! 

With emissions improvements and whatever else, we don't get the "Hazy" part of the trio like we used to. Even on our exceptionally hot and humid days, the sky is still blue. Back in the 70s and 80s the sky would be a milky white, and in the early evening the sun would often be filtered in the western sky. Just doesn't have that vibe anymore. :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

With emissions improvements and whatever else, we don't get the "Hazy" part of the trio like we used to. Even on our exceptionally hot and humid days, the sky is still blue. Back in the 70s and 80s the sky would be a milky white, and in the early evening the sun would often be filtered in the western sky. Just doesn't have that vibe anymore. :) 

Very true.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Whatever else could also be the people still WFH which is substantial in urban areas.  

• Like 1