• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Let's hope not.  But I will say that cancelling is better than teams or athletes having to forfeit random matches or events. 

I love the Olympics, both winter/summer. I would be bummed if they cancelled, however for the safety of the athletes i understand. It would be unfortunate after what they go through, mentally and physically though. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Did not confirm its validity but I read this AM that yesterday was the first day there was no NBA, NHL, MLB or NFL Games being played since July 6, 1983!  Wonder if they are skipping 2020 with that stat? 

1983. What memories!

Graduated from high school 

PSU wins the National Championship 

76ers win the NBA finals 

Orioles win the World Series 

And 3 of those 4 haven't happened since. :(

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1983. What memories!

76ers win the NBA finals 

Did not even think of that.  Funny how sometimes it seems it all falls into place.  Dr. J, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks.  Only lost one game in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1983. What memories!

76ers win the NBA finals 

I wasn’t alive yet, but my Penn State alumni parents had the VHS tape of that national championship game, which I watched numerous times as a child. Even though I’m an alum of another Big Ten school, I still root for PSU anytime they’re not playing Wisconsin. It’s just in my blood. Thank God they got rid of those stupid leaders and legends divisions where it was an annual rivalry for a few years. (Though the competitive balance, especially in football, was a little better that way.)

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I wasn’t alive yet, but my Penn State alumni parents had the VHS tape of that national championship game, which I watched numerous times as a child. Even though I’m an alum of another Big Ten school, I still root for PSU anytime they’re not playing Wisconsin. It’s just in my blood. Thank God they got rid of those stupid leaders and legends divisions where it was an annual rivalry for a few years. (Though the competitive balance, especially in football, was a little better that way.)

I wouldn't mind going to Camp Randall some day. :)  

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Tomorrow is my son's graduation party headed to Iowa State in the fall. At least they are in the Big 12. And I can cheer for them in Football without to much worry from PSU. 

I’m actually a little surprised that they’ve never played in football. Ever. I guess that’s a product of one of the schools only ever going to 16 bowl games.

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

Tomorrow is my son's graduation party headed to Iowa State in the fall. At least they are in the Big 12. And I can cheer for them in Football without to much worry from PSU. 

Iowa State ya say? The best thing to come out of that place is this gif during a Texas game years ago

1ff4xs.gif

• Like 1