• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

With emissions improvements and whatever else, we don't get the "Hazy" part of the trio like we used to. Even on our exceptionally hot and humid days, the sky is still blue. Back in the 70s and 80s the sky would be a milky white, and in the early evening the sun would often be filtered in the western sky. Just doesn't have that vibe anymore. :) 

A quick google search shows that the “hazy” is still used by various local (not here) news outlets (DC, Burlington, the Bronx, Charlottesville, Corpus Christi). I wonder if those places still get the “hazy” with their hot and humid, or if the term is just used for legacy purposes.

27 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

A quick google search shows that the “hazy” is still used by various local (not here) news outlets (DC, Burlington, the Bronx, Charlottesville, Corpus Christi). I wonder if those places still get the “hazy” with their hot and humid, or if the term is just used for legacy purposes.

I just Googled Dwayne Haskins and he is a little "hazy" about the details right now.  Bad start to his Steelers career (though maybe not his fault).   @sauss06 @Itstrainingtime

• Like 1

With emissions improvements and whatever else, we don't get the "Hazy" part of the trio like we used to. Even on our exceptionally hot and humid days, the sky is still blue. Back in the 70s and 80s the sky would be a milky white, and in the early evening the sun would often be filtered in the western sky. Just doesn't have that vibe anymore.  

Those 3H days in September used to produce some amazing lighting effects during magic hour. Very other worldly.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just Googled Dwayne Haskins and he is a little "hazy" about the details right now.  Bad start to his Steelers career (though maybe not his fault).   @sauss06 @Itstrainingtime

Oh lord, it’s hard to give him the benefit of the doubt here but he is the victim unless proven otherwise. This franchise doesn’t have the time for distractions, though that ship seemingly hasn’t been as tight the past few years. I just have this bad feeling it’s going to be a long season.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just saw his wife beat his A$$ and knocked a tooth out :D i bet another women is involved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Oh lord, it’s hard to give him the benefit of the doubt here but he is the victim unless proven otherwise. This franchise doesn’t have the time for distractions, though that ship seemingly hasn’t been as tight the past few years. I just have this bad feeling it’s going to be a long season.

Come over to the Boys you will enjoy it! LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(But we know MDT won’t be 54.) The rest of the area would be 54 and MDT would be 62.
But yeah, that xmACIS site is incredible at how easily you can pull that info.

Can you DM me with the links for that site and any other info you have about pulling data.

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I honestly think 8-8 is a stretch. Would not be surprised, given the schedule if this team finishes 6-10.

31 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I just saw his wife beat his A$$ and knocked a tooth out :D i bet another women is involved. 

Don't mess with a woman. Don't ever mess with a woman. :) 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Those 3H days in September used to produce some amazing lighting effects during magic hour. Very other worldly.

Yes! That's what i was referring to. Back then we took it for granted...but those days are a distant memory.

I mean, it's a good thing that the air is cleaner, but there was something "cool" about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I honestly think 8-8 is a stretch. Would not be surprised, given the schedule if this team finishes 6-10.

Don't mess with a woman. Don't ever mess with a woman. :) 

I would be absolutely shocked if this team finishes either 8-8 or 6-10, considering there are now 17 games. That said, I really don’t see 4-13 as far fetched (but could also reasonably see 9-8 or 8-9).

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You may have just doomed them to a tie.   Cleveland 2-Pitt 2.

I’d also be surprised if we manage to tie or beat Cleveland in either matchup this season, let alone hold them to single digit points.

God, I hope I’m wrong about this. It’s right up there with my gut feeling that PIT hits 97 this summer for only the second summer since 1995.

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Duh! I have to get used to the extra game. 

Don’t worry, I was talking to some friends at the Riverhounds game awhile back and I said something about the Steelers going 6-10 and was met with the same response.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

With emissions improvements and whatever else, we don't get the "Hazy" part of the trio like we used to. Even on our exceptionally hot and humid days, the sky is still blue. Back in the 70s and 80s the sky would be a milky white, and in the early evening the sun would often be filtered in the western sky. Just doesn't have that vibe anymore. :) 

As I get older, I get more and more nostalgic. I kind of miss the 3 H summer days of my youth...

• Like 2

Just now, sauss06 said:

I know, i'm not use to it.

Bought tickets to take another MLB stadium off daughter bucket list last night. Yankees here we come.

Been there twice.

It's weird. First off, like most newer stadiums, the atmosphere is not what it was at old Yankee Stadium. The place is massive...sort of hard to believe that it only holds approximately 50K. When you're inside you'll swear it has to old more. Second, the seats between the bases are so incredibly overpriced that they're often empty...they've even been empty during playoff games. Weird vibe being in a mostly full stadium with all of the empty seats exactly where you'd expect them to be full.

Of course, this was several years ago when everything was "normal" in regards to attendance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Been there twice.

It's weird. First off, like most newer stadiums, the atmosphere is not what it was at old Yankee Stadium. The place is massive...sort of hard to believe that it only holds approximately 50K. When you're inside you'll swear it has to old more. Second, the seats between the bases are so incredibly overpriced that they're often empty...they've even been empty during playoff games. Weird vibe being in a mostly full stadium with all of the empty seats exactly where you'd expect them to be full.

Of course, this was several years ago when everything was "normal" in regards to attendance. 

So we’ve now had two discussions this morning about vastly unrelated subjects, but both revolve around the “atmosphere not being what it was.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The other infamous score from that day was 6-5. That was the number of PSU first downs-turnovers for the entire game.  

I remember that game. Just looked at the stats and they are as ugly as I figured they’d be. 

The number of times PSU was in Iowa territory, even starting drives in Iowa territory a few times, is stunning for an offense that put up 0 points.

Just now, TimB84 said:

So we’ve now had two discussions this morning about vastly unrelated subjects, but both revolve around the “atmosphere not being what it was.”

You'll say it a 3rd time when Highmark Stadium puts in luxury boxes and everyone attending chooses to watch from up on Mt. Washington...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@sauss06 if it's still open to the public, make sure you get to NY early enough to visit Monument Park before the game. Even as a Yankee hater, seeing baseball legends immortalized is really cool. So glad we ventured out there and viewed the Yankee greats from the past. 

We are not Yanks fans either, but its the last close stadium to us that we haven't been to. We're hostage to the train and their departure times into/out of the city. But i think we get there 2 hours before game time. my friend and family are going with us, they're Yanks fans.