Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,131
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

June Banter 2021


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MacChump said:

i've taken my girls (ages 13 and 11 now) to Phillies, Sixers, Flyers, Union, USWNT, USMNT games without any issues...always avoided Eagles games...they are probably old enough now but i really have no desire to take them through the hell gauntlet that is an Eagles tailgate to get into the stadium

I've got a friend who grew up in Philly and is still a big sports fan of all their teams.  He remembers one football game where people were throwing ice balls onto the field, and another where the crowd booed Santa Claus.  Though to be fair, from what he said, apparently Santa was flipping off the crowd!!  Only in Philly?!?!

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

i guess we could do that here

pretty much against it

Wait, what do you have against people named Eugene?? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

If it ain’t like 2011 then I don’t care. Never forget that lawn chair. 

Hahaha, I remember that whole meme with the lawn chair lying on the ground!

Wasn't there one in 2010 as well, like very early in the morning?  The 2011 quake was mid-day...I recall at work they sent people home so they could clear the building and make sure the structure was still OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I've got a friend who grew up in Philly and is still a big sports fan of all their teams.  He remembers one football game where people were throwing ice balls onto the field, and another where the crowd booed Santa Claus.  Though to be fair, from what he said, apparently Santa was flipping off the crowd!!  Only in Philly?!?!

Wait, what do you have against people named Eugene?? :lol:

first of all, your friend must be old af…

second of all eugene levy can do no wrong so I’m down with him

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hahaha, I remember that whole meme with the lawn chair lying on the ground!

Wasn't there one in 2010 as well, like very early in the morning?  The 2011 quake was mid-day...I recall at work they sent people home so they could clear the building and make sure the structure was still OK.

Yeap. July 16, 2010 at 5:04am local time. It was a magnitude 3.6?... IIRC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to meet the lovely@SnowenOutThere this morning at our CSL swim meet… he’s quite fast!

Probably the most exciting meet of the year... Won the last relay, which at the time we thought was good for a two point win. Cue a massive celebration.

Sadly, (not for Snowen) we ended up tying (after thinking we had won for 30 minutes, unfortunately) because they forgot to count one of our DQs and didn’t catch it until they verified the scores at the end. Heartbreaking, but still a great meet, though some of the kids are gonna be disappointed come Monday, lol.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Got to meet the lovely@SnowenOutThere this morning at our CSL swim meet… he’s quite fast!

Probably the most exciting meet of the year... Won the last relay, which at the time we thought was good for a two point win. Cue a massive celebration.

Sadly, (not for Snowen) we ended up tying (after thinking we had won for 30 minutes, unfortunately) because they forgot to count one of our DQs and didn’t catch it until they verified the scores at the end. Heartbreaking, but still a great meet, though some of the kids are gonna be disappointed come Monday, lol.

That’s cool!

Our team lost today, but it was a really fun meet! Doesn’t help that we don’t have many 13-14 girls, so we lose a lot of points in those races.

Super proud that the older one came in 2nd in the 25m breaststroke in her first A meet swimming it. In fact, I’m proud that she even swam it at all!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

That’s cool!

Our team lost today, but it was a really fun meet! Doesn’t help that we don’t have many 13-14 girls, so we lose a lot of points in those races.

Super proud that the older one came in 2nd in the 25m breaststroke in her first A meet swimming it. In fact, I’m proud that she even swam it at all!

We did a hell of a lot better than expected but my girls didn’t get the results they wanted. Relay did better but by then it wasn’t needed. 
 

3 lanes got triples for times which is rare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It’s time to ban these loud mufflers that people put on their cars and race them through side streets. It’s like WTF are you doing with your tiny Corolla or Civic having huge exhaust pipes. They are so obnoxious and seem to be getting worse and worse especially with the side street racing. 

Were they on your lawn?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...