• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mikessword
    Newest Member
    Mikessword
2021 Spring/ Summer Mountains thread

Met1985

I came back home for a week to manage some renovations and was reminded why I hate the mountains in the spring. Cold, wet, damp, windy, foggy, cloudy, dark, gloomy, sloppy, miserable, etc, etc, etc. I remember as a kid thinking when it was March that we had another 2 to 3 months of horrible weather. Granted, I'm one that loves snow but not so much cold and dreary. It hasn't been a particularly warm spring on the coast but at least you can go outside without a sweatshirt, jacket, umbrella, boots, etc.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

I came back home for a week to manage some renovations and was reminded why I hate the mountains in the spring. Cold, wet, damp, windy, foggy, cloudy, dark, gloomy, sloppy, miserable, etc, etc, etc. I remember as a kid thinking when it was March that we had another 2 to 3 months of horrible weather. Granted, I'm one that loves snow but not so much cold and dreary. It hasn't been a particularly warm spring on the coast but at least you can go outside without a sweatshirt, jacket, umbrella, boots, etc.

I have a dream of hanging out on the deck wearing shorts and a tshirt.  2nd consecutive  year  with chilly windy weather lingering well into May; I have to say its wearing on me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm going fishing Saturday morning (7-NOONISH) up to South Toe river in Yancey County. I know that's a long trip for many of you but if you want to join me send me a message and we can meet up! 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm going fishing Saturday morning (7-NOONISH) up to South Toe river in Yancey County. I know that's a long trip for many of you but if you want to join me send me a message and we can meet up! 

Where at exactly? I was thinking of going to my spot across from Rusty's Roost and wade out Saturday Morning.

I was told NC wildlife just stocked muskies through there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Where at exactly? I was thinking of going to my spot across from Rusty's Roost and wade out Saturday Morning.

I was told NC wildlife just stocked muskies through there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I will probably go up to where Halls Chapel road crosses the river and park on the other side of the river. I missed one in that area a few weeks back that was over 20 inches. He's probably gone but worth another try. It's a nice area to wade, you can wade downstream for a mile or more below the bridge before its posted land. The river is actually really low for May. Summer fishing may be really rough this year if we don't get more heavy rain. 

I would love to try for some muskies, but would have no idea what I'm doing. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Managed 48 at the house this morning. Loving it for sure.

Not looking forward to the rain from our tropical friend.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Track is shifting south. May not get much 

• Like 2