Barometer 29.87 in (1013.3 mb)
Dewpoint 32°F (0°C)
Visibility 0.25 mi
Wind Chill 29°F (-2°C)
Last update 9 May 2:53 pm EDT 

We need a live report from @losetoa6 and @paweather

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Perry county(my county) is in this, but I am in the lower elevation, so I highly doubt that I’ll see flakes today....but I don’t mind being in this HWO!

I'm not too far...really doubt we'll see any snow but then again I didn't think we were gonna see that huge snow squall at this time last year either. Either way it's crazy the heavy snow that's been falling up north

46 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Picked up 1.0" of rain yesterday. How bout that snow up north!!

I have had my coal stove fired back up since Friday. 70 degrees in the house.

Looks like some decent winds the next couple days.

Have a good week!

How easy is a coal stove to maintain versus a pellet or wood stove? Do you use bituminous or anthracite coal?

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I only got .03" yesterday and .26" cumulative for the last three days, meh.  Did hear some reports of sleet around us on Saturday though.  Looks like a chilly but mostly pleasant week ahead before some more prolonged warmth tries to build in starting this weekend.  Onward....

Seeing your name reminded me to look up MDT's record lows this week....just in case.  12th and 13th are the only two reachable.  

image.png.8e24878f84af2331b2037f066fdb74d1.png

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seeing your name reminded me to look up MDT's record lows this week....just in case.  12th and 13th are the only two reachable.  

image.png.8e24878f84af2331b2037f066fdb74d1.png

Glad I could be the spark to light that fire haha.  I was going to ask you what those other columns were but now I see that must just be how it copied and pasted from the records table and those are the records for the same dates for Jan Feb Mar and Apr as well.  Good stuff but yeah doesn't look like anything is too likely except perhaps an outside chance at the two you pointed out.  I do see that the record high for Harrisburg for today is 95 from 1963, something tells me we're going to fall just shy of that one.

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Glad I could be the spark to light that fire haha.  I was going to ask you what those other columns were but now I see that must just be how it copied and pasted from the records table and those are the records for the same dates for Jan Feb Mar and Apr as well.  Good stuff but yeah doesn't look like anything is too likely except perhaps an outside chance at the two you pointed out.  I do see that the record high for Harrisburg for today is 95 from 1963, something tells me we're going to fall just shy of that one.

Yes, I did not want to copy the whole thing but those are the low records at MDT for Jan -May on those days.   I suspect lots of local stations hit those numbers Tue and Wed night but agreed the concrete jungle MDT is unlikely.  We are bringing in some tender plants until late week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I only got .03" yesterday and .26" cumulative for the last three days, meh.  Did hear some reports of sleet around us on Saturday though.  Looks like a chilly but mostly pleasant week ahead before some more prolonged warmth tries to build in starting this weekend.  Onward....

Exactly what I got yesterday...I got .28" for the weekend.

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I failed you with my enthusiasm.  Model reader hex on me. 

My expectations were exceptionally low - once I saw the track of the LP, I knew I was cooked. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Ahhh.....That is me as well. I'll admit to that now. 

It's hard not to inherently place trust in them - I saved myself a lot of frustration and disappointment during the winter once I stopped relying on models several years ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

What's your YTD precip total?  I'm at 12.32".

FWIW,  MDT normal at this point would dictate ~13.85" so you are about 1.5" behind normal at MDT.   Not too bad.

Also an interesting tidbit.  It's a common theme that our "big snows" are always in February.  February is by far the driest month of the year, on average, at  MDT, by almost 1/2" vs. the second driest which is December. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

FWIW,  MDT normal at this point would dictate ~13.85" so you are about 1.5" behind normal at MDT.   Not too bad.

Also an interesting tidbit.  It's a common theme that our "big snows" are always in February.  February is by far the driest month of the year, on average, at  MDT, by almost 1/2" vs. the second driest which is December. 

I wonder if the long-term averages will change over time on that - most big snows over the past decade or so have all seemed to fall in March, January, and December by my memory. February has been a poor snow month (at least big snows) for some time now. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wonder if the long-term averages will change over time on that - most big snows over the past decade or so have all seemed to fall in March, January, and December by my memory. February has been a poor snow month (at least big snows) for some time now. 

I think so as well but I hear it a lot on the boards in general.  Not this one as much as others.  It usually starts when the LR models do not show a great January...the "February is when we score big anyway" talk starts. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think so as well but I hear it a lot on the boards in general.  Not this one as much as others.  It usually starts when the LR models do not show a great January...the "February is when we score big anyway" talk starts. 

March 2021 was disappointing this year typically an extreme month for weather and didn't produce.