• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's going to be a hot week for at least two days. Break out the shorts!  MA is talking about low 90's which would be ridiculous.   I would be surprised if it gets too much above 60 on Friday though.   That front seems to mean business.    Guess it could be delayed. 

Edit I just noticed the EC delays the front until Saturday.  Different take and  big contributor to the difference in the big low next weekend I would guess. 

Wait...did you say break out the shorts? That ship sailed back in early March...

On 4/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, Bubbler86 said:

This continues to be one of the more impressive streamer bands to get into the LSV in a while.  If anything it is intensifying albeit some temps issues coming into play now. 

Thursday was impressive with all of the snow showers in the area.

I got a few stray flurries, but missed out on the good stuff.

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Bet I hit 85 midweek. Gonna be hot. 

Feels like one of those "sleet line" things.  The warm air intrusion is definitely trending further and further south.  On the 12Z GFS yesterday the high in Erie on Thursday would be 75, now it is 60 for the same time frame as the front off the mid west low is much farther south.  So I agree if we end up just to the south of that front over Northern PA we in the 80's.  Not sure about the 90's being touted below us. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feels like one of those "sleet line" things.  The warm air intrusion is definitely trending further and further south.  On the 12Z GFS yesterday the high in Erie on Thursday would be 75, now it is 60 for the same time frame as the front off the mid west low is much farther south.  So I agree if we end up just to the south of that front over Northern PA we in the 80's.  Not sure about the 90's being touted below us. 

With a cutoff low over the next weekend and snow I’ll take 80s for a day. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Went to Troegs and hung out on their patio for a few hours. Such a nice day even with the clouds building up. 

I washed the tractor trailer today. Wheels and tank are shining nice and pretty, and it should stay that way as it'll be parked until Monday... hopefully. 

Ended up with an amazing 0.24” which still tops KMDT with 0.22”.

Thank God this wasn’t snow. Imagine getting just 25%-50% of short term modeled & forcasted QPF. Watching putrid but better returns a mere few miles away that seem to implode the moment they breach the 3 mile radius.

The volume of hate postings would have been overwhelming. Local Social media would have descended deeper yet, into Dante’s inferno.

But because it’s may and not February we enjoy the peace relaxing melody of the drizzle and birds out our widow and get ready to enjoy a probable amazing afternoon

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Ended up with an amazing 0.24” which still tops KMDT with 0.22”.

Thank God this wasn’t snow. Imagine getting just 25%-50% of short term modeled & forcasted QPF. Watching putrid but better returns a mere few miles away that seem to implode the moment they breach the 3 mile radius.

The volume of hate postings would have been overwhelming. Local Social media would have descended deeper yet, into Dante’s inferno.

But because it’s may and not February we enjoy the peace relaxing melody of the drizzle and birds out our widow and get ready to enjoy a probable amazing afternoon

It would have been disappointing in Winter.

We often don’t care as much about forecast disappointments outside of Winter.

Snow is serious business...Lol !

48 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Believe it or not Twitter, and they responded very quickly. 

I’ll give it a shot! I can’t imagine a peon like me could get any official climate data changed, but I feel like I might at least get a response.