• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like a man trying to convince his wife?  :-)

Yes. We actually had a discussion yesterday about how strict her “no a/c in May” rule is, and apparently it’s not as strict as I thought. Not sure it’s relevant or not, but she’s not a weather enthusiast in the least, probably couldn’t even give you a rough estimate of what the temperature will be tomorrow or whether or not there’s a chance of rain. (But if the rule is no a/c in May, does that mean there’s a loophole for turning it on in April?)

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yes. We actually had a discussion yesterday about how strict her “no a/c in May” rule is, and apparently it’s not as strict as I thought. Not sure it’s relevant or not, but she’s not a weather enthusiast in the least, probably couldn’t even give you a rough estimate of what the temperature will be tomorrow or whether or not there’s a chance of rain. (But if the rule is no a/c in May, does that mean there’s a loophole for turning it on in April?)

Your loop hole could be that May one is Saturday which is in essence "this week".

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Your loop hole could be that May one is Saturday which is in essence "this week".

I’m choosing my battles here. If the models keep trending toward a cooler first half of May, I won’t even have to have this debate anytime soon. The other factor here is that she used to work at the dining room table, but sometime after last summer she moved her home office setup to the second floor, which gets incredibly hot in the summer, so that’s another win for me.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m choosing my battles here. If the models keep trending toward a cooler first half of May, I won’t even have to have this debate anytime soon. The other factor here is that she used to work at the dining room table, but sometime after last summer she moved her home office setup to the second floor, which gets incredibly hot in the summer, so that’s another win for me.

GFS is indeed quite cool after early next week...into Mid May.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

We can usually do May - June gets really tough once night temps down get below say 68. 

Its amazing how cool my first floor stays. Easily i can get through the middle of June without a/c. Its the damn second floor and all that bullshit heat rises stuff :wacko2: I'd rather put my money on good food and cheap beer, not the electric company 

35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Its amazing how cool my first floor stays. Easily i can get through the middle of June without a/c. Its the damn second floor and all that bullshit heat rises stuff :wacko2: I'd rather put my money on good food and cheap beer, not the electric company 

I do need to have a consultant look at my home as all it takes is one day like today (or at least the forecast, it is still only 64 which is about 10 degrees behind what the HRRR says it should be) and its A/C or suffer at my place.  Brick Rancher so only one floor with finished basement.

35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Same here! without having 2 zones one for downstairs and one for upstairs it torches upstairs all the time. We thought about putting in a second zone but didn't do it. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do need to have a consultant look at my home as all it takes is one day like today (or at least the forecast, it is still only 64 which is about 10 degrees behind what the HRRR says it should be) and its A/C or suffer at my place.  Brick Rancher so only one floor with finished basement.

I keep meaning to have someone look at mine too, it probably shouldn’t go from 61 to 75 on a day with a low of 44 and a high of 81.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Same here! without having 2 zones one for downstairs and one for upstairs it torches upstairs all the time. We thought about putting in a second zone but didn't do it. 

You do not see a ton of two floor single family homes in Florida.   The upstairs become inhabitable for some without two zones and the electric bills can go $500+ if you try the two zone thing down there.  

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You do not see a ton of two floor single family homes in Florida.   The upstairs become inhabitable for some without two zones and the electric bills can go $500+ if you try the two zone thing down there.  

I can only imagine. Headed to FL in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks. Can't wait. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

i turned my heat totally off last week on my 1st floor zone . it had been set to 65. it has remained on 65 since.  

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday - definitely feeling the aches today. Only bad thing is, I have to be in the office through this evening to facilitate compliance training. 

Today, it's definitely training time. 

Not sure whether to give you a "unfortunate' face or laugh face for your ending joke so both :lol: :(

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday - definitely feeling the aches today. Only bad thing is, I have to be in the office through this evening to facilitate compliance training. 

Today, it's definitely training time. 

I get my second Moderna shot on Saturday and hopefully will not ruin my Sunday. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure whether to give you a "unfortunate' face or laugh face for your ending joke so both :lol: :(

That's kind of what I deserve. LOL. Not sure how i thought it was a good idea to schedule a 14 hour day immediately after getting my 2nd dose when there's plenty of evidence that the 2nd dose can knock you on your arse. :)  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The snow train keeps its wheel on the track.  Sounds like he would be in Orlando though.   How much for Animal Kingdom? 

That’s my biggest worry about traveling in the winter, and we often did before the pandemic because it was cheaper - not that my flight will be delayed because of inclement weather or anything like that - but that I’ll miss out on a big snowstorm back home.

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That’s my biggest worry about traveling in the winter, and we often did before the pandemic because it was cheaper - not that my flight will be delayed because of inclement weather or anything like that - but that I’ll miss out on a big snowstorm back home.

Yea, me too.  I would have to shut off this forum in envy.