• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

There wasn’t a single storm that impressed me (for my area). That Binghamton storm was one for the ages. Very few LES also. I guess that’s how Rochester is 20” shy of normal after a great February. 
Just got back from the Tug. As I said before, West Leyden and Ava are unique areas with big snow. 

12Z runs still have the snow possibilities missing us to the south along the NY/PA Border. This "snow season" has been never-ending torture. Lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

More consistent spring like temps on the gfs, medium-long range, obviously to be expected heading into the second half of march..

648841042_1e81ff27-8ddd-43b1-91e5-8a75e2

Only for brief before super cold outbreak coming in on last week of March/first week of April. 

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Flakes make it up to ksyr on the gfs before it gets squashed..The timing this year between LP and HP has been awful for us..

Looking at pretty much all the 12Z runs, they show the SAME thing of the SAME thing that's been happening all winter. Please just let this season end. No more "chances" that continue to screw us. Hopefully next winter doesn't make for a trio of CRAP winter seasons.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

I thought that after mid march more of you guys would come around to the idea of wanting spring. I was wrong haha. You guys are still chasing the snow! 

Im watching the next few days in dixie as it looks like it could be pretty bad for tornadoes. 

Ha! Well there's not really many of us left. It's REALLY died down over the past week and a half on here. I, of course, will be looking for any shot of snow. But this winter keeps on trolling.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

I thought that after mid march more of you guys would come around to the idea of wanting spring. I was wrong haha. You guys are still chasing the snow! 

Im watching the next few days in dixie as it looks like it could be pretty bad for tornadoes. 

Always. 100%. F summer

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ha! Well there's not really many of us left. It's REALLY died down over the past week and a half on here. I, of course, will be looking for any shot of snow. But this winter keeps on trolling.....

I don't throw in the towel hoping for a snowstorm till April Fools Day.  But after that...bring the heat.  Of course it seems that April and May have been problematic in the recent past more often than not.  

13 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Not a fan of March snow unless a big event. All aboard the warmth train here.

• Like 2

Opening day is in 2 weeks. Bring on the warmth!  Besides last Sunday it snowed very hard for 15 minutes and covered the ground. Then the sun came out and it all melted in 15 minutes. That’s why unless we can get a Denver type storm I’m done with snow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Syrmax said:

I don't throw in the towel hoping for a snowstorm till April Fools Day.  But after that...bring the heat.  Of course it seems that April and May have been problematic in the recent past more often than not.  

Not sure why...but I am thinking this year will be different. Might be a more traditional Spring...we seem to be doing the gradual transition to Spring now. I am thinking it will either be a big ridge or a big trough....thinking there's better odds for the big ridge this time over the trough. I actually hope so....can't bear watching another track of suppressed lows hitting Pennsylvania with snow in late April. lol

3 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Opening day is in 2 weeks. Bring on the warmth!  Besides last Sunday it snowed very hard for 15 minutes and covered the ground. Then the sun came out and it all melted in 15 minutes. That’s why unless we can get a Denver type storm I’m done with snow. 

Thats why I hate March snow. 1-3" covers everything but by lunch its wet and muddy and all gone. 

In the December-February time frame I enjoy 1-3" mini events because you get a few of those and next thing you know you have a 6-10" base and it looks like deep winter. 

This time of the year its the big dog march snowstorms of 8-15" or spring for me.