Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I really need to move to Worth...

camgd.php?updatefreq=5&camsite=1&cam=1

I think there’s probably areas with more. That said, it’s pretty incredible they still have 2 feet. 
I think it was Wolfie who mentioned there aren’t any good sites for higher elevations on the Tug. These are the freaking towns. I bet there’s 3 foot totals still. And they haven’t had shit for 3 weeks. 

There are so few roads up there. Has anyone found a good topo map and discovered a reachable location? We really should go in on a simple camp. I’d bet we could get one for 25k. Lol. 5 of us- that’s 5k each. We could build it. Ain’t no building inspector up there. Trust me. I’ve seen the existing structures. Sometimes I look and think, ‘nobody could possibly live there’ and then I’ll see some creature pull the curtain (tarp) back on a window (plastic sheeted opening in a wall). Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

There are so few roads up there. Has anyone found a good topo map and discovered a reachable location? We really should go in on a simple camp. I’d bet we could get one for 25k. Lol. 5 of us- that’s 5k each. We could build it. Ain’t no building inspector up there. Trust me. I’ve seen the existing structures. Sometimes I look and think, ‘nobody could possibly live there’ and then I’ll see some creature pull the curtain (tarp) back on a window (plastic sheeted opening in a wall). Lol

Ha! I would actually consider it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah looks like it has some decent land, big place as well, 5bd, 4BA 3100sq ft.. Probably priced accordingly..

I actually checked, it comes with 260 acres as well lol

Wow, 260 acres alone could cost well above 700k depending on the land type.  That's actually a steal aside from being in the middle of nowhere.  

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Pretty rare to get a snowless March in Buffalo. Has only happened 2 times in history. 

Think about it...if it wasn’t for the SSW in early January that dislodged the PV in late January and Most of February this what much of December (save for the storm and LES around Xmas) and most of January was like. That SSW saved us from a really low snowfall winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Think about it...if it wasn’t for the SSW in early January that dislodged the PV in late January and Most of February this what much of December (save for the storm and LES around Xmas) and most of January was like. That SSW saved us from a really low snowfall winter.

Such a stupid snow season it's been. Good riddance!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Pretty rare to get a snowless March in Buffalo. Has only happened 2 times in history. 

What are we considering snowless?  Buffalo reported measurable snow on 3 days and a trace amount on 6 days for a total of .6”.    I completely agree that getting less than an inch of snow is pretty impressive and rare though. Not trying to take away from that. 

19 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Such a stupid snow season it's been. Good riddance!

Terrible year. Couldn’t agree more. I truly think next year will be better. Can it be worse? Lol

So few real systems. It behaved almost as forecast for a La Niña year but I think for different reasons. My bro in Philly had a great winter, as one would expect from La Niña. 
Nothing really made the turn. No great coastals (that I recall). Lots of let downs. 10 day looked great over and over and over again, only to fall apart in the last few days. 
I guess Toronto did well in the first half. So did Cleveland and Detroit. Remember all those storms cutting NW? That was fun. 
Anyhow...I’m rambling as usual. It sure looks like it’s over. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

What are we considering snowless?  Buffalo reported measurable snow on 3 days and a trace amount on 6 days for a total of .6”.    I completely agree that getting less than an inch of snow is pretty impressive and rare though. Not trying to take away from that. 

Oh I haven't checked the March totals, thought it was a trace. Under an inch has only happened 3 times. 2 years with a trace and one year with .9".

Anyone notice how dry it is?!  It’s fantastic. This would normally be prime mud season but here we are heading into a long stretch of dry weather and the ground is already pretty damn dry and firm. It’ll be a great weekend to get some gardens turned and outside work done!  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Anyone notice how dry it is?!  It’s fantastic. This would normally be prime mud season but here we are heading into a long stretch of dry weather and the ground is already pretty damn dry and firm. It’ll be a great weekend to get some gardens turned and outside work done!  

Yes! That part is nice. We actually still had a FEW....very few....patches of snow left in some wooded, north-side hills this morning....but the ground for the most part is dry other than areas near the big snow piles.

I noticed that the ground was still pretty frozen the other morning. Might have just been because it was like 7 that particular morning.