Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We need to make this happen again. 

Once the border opens up Id be excited to see a Lake Erie special haha. Ive always debated driving to one of motels off I-90 south of Buffalo and witnessing one first hand. 

Ideal set up is Bills game Sunday and big Lake Effect Sunday night into Monday haha. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Once the border opens up Id be excited to see a Lake Erie special haha. Ive always debated driving to one of motels off I-90 south of Buffalo and witnessing one first hand. 

Ideal set up is Bills game Sunday and big Lake Effect Sunday night into Monday haha. 

There was a really good one @DeltaT13 went to a few years ago. I think it was 20" in Orchard Park and it happened in middle of game. I think it was against the Eagles? It's a really rare occurrence to get everything timed right. We only have 8 Bills home games and only 2-3 in Nov/Dec. However, with the Bills being good now, we can add 1-2 games a year of playoff football into the mix! I had to work that day and am so mad that I missed it. I'll be going to almost all the games this coming year, cant wait!

Here it is

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2017-2018&event=C

Lake Effect Summary - Dec 10 2017 to Dec 11 2017 - Storm Total Snow Map

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There was a really good one @DeltaT13 went to a few years ago. I think it was 20" in Orchard Park and it happened in middle of game. I think it was against the Eagles? It's a really rare occurrence to get everything timed right. We only have 8 Bills home games and only 2-3 in Nov/Dec. However, with the Bills being good now, we can add 1-2 games a year of playoff football into the mix! I had to work that day and am so mad that I missed it. I'll be going to almost all the games this coming year, cant wait!

Here it is

Colts game and that was epic!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Here it is

Yup, I was there and it was glorious.  A top 5 weather event in my life.  8-10 inches of snow in about 3 hours, all hitting during the game.  3 huge lightning flashes directly over the stadium that few people even recognized as thundersnow.  The game went to overtime and we won!  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Man, looks to be REALLY, really Spring like. I might be out of luck with my ski trip, March 12....ADK’s 

I think you'll be fine up there. The snow depth is above average for this time of year. They are an entirely different climate then down here. There was over 2 feet of snow on May 31st up above 4k feet when I went last year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Let’s just bring on spring at this point, even with a couple surprise events left, I am over the snow.  

Shoveling slush today(because my plow guy isn’t the greatest) did it for me.  This is when we need extra Vitamin D for SAD exacerbated by snow melt.

D

56 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Let’s just bring on spring at this point, even with a couple surprise events left, I am over the snow.  

Shoveling slush today(because my plow guy isn’t the greatest) did it for me.  This is when we need extra Vitamin D for SAD exacerbated by snow melt.

Doubt spring will come unfortunately. Judah Cohen said in twitter today. "GFS back on the bandwagon that #polarvortex has one last act before the play ends with one last downward propagation in North Atlantic sector. Greenland blocking returns second week of March with increasing risk of #colder weather & #snowfall for Europe & could expand to East US." 

Hope that verifies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brentrich said:

D

Doubt spring will come unfortunately. Judah Cohen said in twitter today. "GFS back on the bandwagon that #polarvortex has one last act before the play ends with one last downward propagation in North Atlantic sector. Greenland blocking returns second week of March with increasing risk of #colder weather & #snowfall for Europe & could expand to East US." 

Hope that verifies. 

It gets increasingly tough for the lake plains to get snow after March 15th unless we really go into the freezer. Torontos daily average increases 12F in March from 34F to 46F. 

Buffalo is even warmer starting at 37F and ending at 49F 

I certainly don't discount snowstorms after March 15th as it does tend to happen every 5-10 years but in March every day matters lol. Theres a big difference between March 1st and March 30th 

Though for you guys with elevation and closer to the coast, I might be wrong but March snowstorms tend to be pound town. 

9 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

It gets increasingly tough for the lake plains to get snow after March 15th unless we really go into the freezer. Torontos daily average increases 12F in March from 34F to 46F. 

Buffalo is even warmer starting at 37F and ending at 49F 

I certainly don't discount snowstorms after March 15th as it does tend to happen every 5-10 years but in March every day matters lol. Theres a big difference between March 1st and March 30th 

Though for you guys with elevation and closer to the coast, I might be wrong but March snowstorms tend to be pound town. 

We have gotten tons of big snow storms in March here in Rochester. 

Big snow on top of warm muddy ground and water doesn't excite me much anymore. If anything, hoping the north country keeps cold enough and gets good snow to keep things rolling up there for possibly one last run up in March for a few bonus miles on the sleds. Other than that if we can't keep the cold with the snow I'm about all set here in WNY. I would like snow on the ground for maple weekend, then after that may as well bring on a hopefully dry transition to spring so I don't have to wipe too many muddy dog paws lol

• Like 4