• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

3k looks to be showing the possibility of a Huron/Georgian Bay connection on our WNW flow around these parts. Still a couple days away, of course...but that potential may be better than the synoptic part here.

I'd get excited about that if I wasn't sucked into the  vortex of Bustogenisis like last night.  I feel like the passengers on the Titanic trying to swim away from the sinking ship B'ville!  :lmao:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I'd get excited about that if I wasn't sucked into the  vortex of Bustogenisis like last night.  I feel like the passengers on the Titanic trying to swim away from the sinking ship B'ville!  :lmao:

The Canadians and Ukie are showing a REAL nice lake event for Saturday. Perhaps I will take a 2 day retreat from looking at any model and hope to be pleasantly surprised come Saturday.

1 hour ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Radar doesn’t look too friendly right now as it looks like the snow is getting stunted from making much more forward progress. Could bust low but ratios and longer duration of lighter snows can still get 4-6”

Agreed. You're right it doesn't look good right now, BUT... if the models are correct, the best snow comes between 1am-10am Friday for our area. Most of the models seem to develop a decent band during this time frame but disagree on where it sets up. General consensus seems to favor Poconos to Catskills so you're in good shape. If the Euro and some other models are correct, a bigger chunk of CNY might get in on the action.

Some frames off 6z Euro...

ecmwf-deterministic-nystate-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-3736000.thumb.png.87a49ce3e46d171814f013c84ead5c6f.png

ecmwf-deterministic-nystate-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-3746800.thumb.png.a65ae79eb8626453514343c080c5174a.png

ecmwf-deterministic-nystate-total_snow_kuchera-3746800.thumb.png.8bb902e2d59dbabdb84d896c47d03d9e.png

1141079255_ecmwf-deterministic-nystate-total_snow_kuchera-3865600(2).thumb.png.f8ef4ecbd0c9c2bd9f4c754aad1dbfa4.png

There isn't even a surface reflection with this system as it's pretty much a CF or shall I say a stationary front where a storm may perhaps form but the lowest pressure I could find was 1014 MB in the GOM.  The mid levels lp's are better developed /organized  than the surface is but perhaps we're just seeing the beginnings of a surface reflection down in the gulf, who really knows, lol!

Surface

pmsl.gif?1613655806553

Then we have the 925 MB

925mb.gif?1613655925777

700MB Moisture lvl

700mb_sf.gif?1613656070222

Suffice to say, we have quite a disorganized system here and who knows if its gonna get its act together but ya never know, lol!

OT - Today is the day the Perseverance rover lands on Mars. Landing is scheduled for 3:55 PM. The time from entry into the Martian atmosphere to touchdown is called 7 minutes of terror. Many scientists and engineers have devoted their whole careers to this mission. For more information go to space.com. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3