• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Global warming leading to less arctic intrusions and less NW flow. It's a valid hypothesis TBH. The same can be said for all areas that rely on LES to get yearly averages.

It's a decent hypothesis. Could even be correct.  But not everything is AGW related.  Unfortunately we'll all be dead before it's ever fully known.

Haha. RGEM already shifted the heavier amounts out of Monroe county. They now have zero support for WSW over Rochester. 

IT LOOKS like an ok set up, but a watch!?!?!? After a huge bust? Just seems nuts. Wayne county is used to 6” fluff from LES. Hit them with an advisory 6 hours before it starts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Would be interesting to see temp trends for that area to see if it actually correlates to their postulated reasons for the snowfall changes.  I'm assuming they will but would be interesting to see.

Yes, I agree.

I believe some of it is that Muskegon is also in a horrible synoptic spot for snowfall. They're in that zone between Western Great Lakes cutters and Eastern Lakes cutters. Obviously, western brings them rain and warm SW winds over Lake Michigan. Eastern cutters are miss with Detroit getting hit and an easterly flow downsloping  the West Michigan shoreline.

Some similarities to here...which I think makes it equally frustrating for me going from there to here, where we have been between the Eastern Lakes cutters and the Off-coastals. Add in the warm SW winds and the easterly downsloping, and yeah....

• Like 1